cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whats the point of a contract, if VM don't honour it?

cojoba
Joining in

I have been a loyal customer of VM for over 25 years.  I have had both good things to say about them over the years, and also been some changes and things not happy with over the time.

This latest incident is the icing on the cake.  My contract ends today, and my contract clearly states that I should have been paying £36pm, however I have been billed for the past year £48pm, despite no new contract, nothing in writing, no emails. The contract states my price will be increasing to £66pm from 9th April 2024

I called them up to discuss whether they want to keep me as a customer and share my dissatisfaction  with them about the increase of bill and not paying what was in my contract.  The man I spoke to basically wanted to offer me more services for £56pm.  He then put me through to a lady who agreed that there was a clear mistake from VM regarding my prices/contract, and said she would put a complaint in for me.  She also said £56pm, which I reiterated was too high.  They both said that the price will increase to £77 out of my contract soon.  It was suggested I may wait till my contract expires and call back as they may be able to make me more offers.

I waited until today to call back and spoke to another person who suggested I do a DSAR form, and offered me the same package as the others but higher at £59pm!!  He said if I do nothing the price will go to £83.77, despite my contract saying £66, and the previous two calls saying £77pm.  

What is going on VM??? I advised I do not wish to enter a new contract at this stage or disconnect from VM as I wish to wait until my complaint has been fully resolved to consider my options. Now I am left with a ridiculous amount/increase. 

I am feeling so sad, stressed, and unhappy 

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @cojoba Thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible experience you've had recently in relation to the package, price and the customer service. 😢
We will investigate this matter for you and assist you on this ASAP. I will send a private message for further support and assistance. 🧾

Watch out for the private message, 📧

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs