cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract not been honoured.

VonB
Tuning in

Was paying £70 a month and contract was nearly up. So, virgin offered me a new contract at the beginning of December, and I accepted it. 18 months @ £84 a month. Bill has arrived and my new contract isn't followed, it's carrying on like I've haven't agreed a new contract. January payment is now going to be approx. £117 then from February approx. £150 as the other discounts will expire.

Put a formal complaint in and the response is: We are sorry you are not happy with your new payment of £84 a month, as a good will gesture we can offer you £117 a month, please let us know if you agree. 🙄

Have tried calling again and have been told we don't have a new contract. I have the email confirmation to prove it. 

Not sure what do now. How do I resolve this? I'm thinking I should vote with my feet. 

7 REPLIES 7

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VonB,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

So sorry to hear that your new package that was agreed has not been honoured, can we ask which channel was this offered on?

Also did you receive any further confirmation of that package when you first agreed?

Let us know,

Kain

We have all channels including sport and TV.  Maxit TV sky entertainment and cinema ultra HD. 

I spoke to retentions earlier they said they could see my new contract and they would change my price as agreed. 

Now have an email to say they have stripped half our services. Now down to Maxit TV and m500 broadband. 

Sorry to hear this, I have taken a look at our side and I can see this you posted this you have spoke to team about this.

Did they manage to get this resolved for you? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I got back in touch and decided that it was time to leave Vigin. Spoke to disconnections who said they could further reduce the price to £74 a month if I stayed. I decided to leave because of the stress it's all caused. It's a shame really as we have been with virgin since for years. 

WorstISP
Up to speed

Hi VonB, can you please make a complaint to OfCom for monitoring purposes to keep them aware that Virgin Media is still using these underhanded sales tactics: https://www.ofcom.org.uk/complaints/complain-about-phones-or-internet-services/the-way-a-service-was...

They won't do anything for you specifically, but these complaints are necessary to keep them focused on the problematic companies.

I am sorry you feel this, and its a shame you have left us.

If there is anything else I can do please do let me know. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I have the same issue.  I have posted the dates and details in the forum but have kept back the  details and reference numbers.