cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract including channels we don't need

Tom41
Up to speed

My father (account holder) today renewed our Virgin Media TV/Broadband contract over the phone. Having had a look at the documents, I noticed we will be getting Sky Sports and Cinema Collection, Sky Sports HD Pack and Kids Pick channel packages.

Nobody in this household watches the movie or sport channels, and since nobody here is under 21, the Kids Pick seems unnecessary. Can those packages be removed from the current contract, and if so what would the saving be? Or is the Mega TV contract fixed and unchangeable? 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Tom41 

If your father doen't want the sports, movies or kids channels then he should have another chat with regrades as he has 14 days leeway if he wants to change his mind about the Mega package that he has agreed to.

He could revert to the Mixit package instead - compare the channels listed in columns 1 and 3 on the following page /virgin-tv-360-channel-guide to see what difference in the channels would be.

He would be able to add selections of 'Personal Picks' which are indicated with a plus sign in column 1 in the above link to the Mixit tier for any additional channels that he may want -   the personal pick add ons are also listed <here>  in a more readable format.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Sports, Sky Cinema, Sky Sports HD & Kids pick are all optional bolt-ons to the Mega TV tier. "Mega" is just the top-tier of TV base-bundles alongside "Mixit" that is broadly-Freeview-equivalent.

Package renegotiations can't be done via this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks