cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default or repossession

Gokhan
Joining in

I had an account with virgin in 2020  which i paid £780 to settle down the contract. I recently checked my credit score because i am trying to buy a house and i found out that i had default and repossession by virgin media which is now risking me of not getting my mortgage.

6 REPLIES 6

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Gokhan,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have had this issue, with this account can you confirm if it was a media account or a handset loan you took out?

Joe

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The term "credit score" is also a largely meaningless phrase used by particular CRA's to sell you additional services - what matters is your free statutory credit file - and I don't believe reposessions are a term used in that context.

Assuming you've checked your credit file for allegedly incorrect entries, does the missed payment & resulting default, tally with the account closure?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Its was a media account

Thanks for confirming this @Gokhan, when you have stated that you paid off the account with a settlement, can you confirm what you meant by this?

Joe

I ment i paid the full amount before closing my account, and for some reason i have default and repossession for the account

Hey @Gokhan,

Thanks for confirming this, with this I would like to go about looking into this further with you, for me to do so I will need to send you a private message to confirm some information.

Joe