cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify new e-mail address

Jeff_t
Joining in

Has anyone else been stuck in this "death spiral" of crap Virgin software.

They asked me to change my e-mail address to link my account with O2. I logged on and gave a different e-mail. They said they would send a verofication code but I was busy so did not get to it 4 about an hour.

When I tried I get:-

"Verification link expired
The email we sent you to verify your changes has now expired. You will need to request this change again via the Account details page, a new email will then be sent"

Then when I go back into accout details I get:-

"You've recently requested to change the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media. Please check your emails and verify this change before making further account changes"

What dp thier software developer do? don't they wever think about testing this stuff before going live? Any ideas on a fix or workaround welcome.

2 REPLIES 2

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jeff_t

Sorry to hear of the verification email issues experienced when changing your email address, we understand the concern and appreciate you taking the time to raise this with us via the forums, welcome to the community.

We're happy to look into this for you but will require some more details, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider trying the following workaround for this issue:

1. submit a different Sign in Email Address
    For example, test@example.com — in this case there is no server running for the message to be delivered to, i.e. mail delivery fails and is returned to sender.
  2. resubmit the original Sign in Email Address and this time keep the page open until you receive the verification link email

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks