cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot contact Virgin media - billing

HEV2
Joining in

I left Virgin Media on 9th September as they view existing customers with contempt; my bill was increased unreasonably and I was fuming when I saw new customers were given a broadband deal of £26 but when I rang them to re-negotiate the best they could do was £34.  So my decision was made I paid my account up to date (up to the day I left as agreed) and thought that was that, but no, they sent me another bill for the next month's "package".  I sent there equipment back as agreed and they acknowledged that two days later.
Trying to contact them was very difficult because as I was no longer a customer they would cut me off the automatic menu service when ringing them, it would terminate and a recorded voice said "goodbye".  Searching the web I did find a very helpful person who directed me to a complaints area which I could use and put in the complaint.  I did get a response and they have agreed to refund the money within 45 days!  I haven't received it yet.  However this morning I have an incredibly cheeky email "We asked you to get back in touch if you didn’t consider the problem resolved, or if there was anything else you’d like to share.  It’s been 28 days since then, and we haven’t heard from you – we hope this means you’re satisfied, and have closed your case".  No indeed, you haven't heard from me because Virgin is impossible to contact.  And you have closed the case prematurely.
At the bottom of their email there is a "contact us" button and you get:

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in help.virginmedia.com.  If spelling is correct, try running windows network Diagnostics.

Virgin lock you out. Virgin if you would like to contact me and give your contact details, the ref is Complaint reference: C-130924484

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 REPLY 1

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @HEV2 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

We're sorry to hear about the issues with the billing you are facing.
We will assist you on this and provide the support needed.

We will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs