cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation Fee for Homelessness

simranks
Joining in

I was evicted by my landlord and I am currently pursing legal recourse through the Tribunal in Scotland but in the mean time I had to leave my previous address. I am currently bouncing around between friends and staying in hostels because it is not easy to find another place to live especially considering I cannot provide a previous landlord reference. 

So I contacted VM on chat to discuss deregistering my old place as I do not want the landlord to try and use that against me (we are already fighting over my deposit) and I was told if I wanted to move the connection somewhere else then a new line would have to be put in. I can’t do that as my 1) I don’t have a new place/permanent address 2) my friends all rent and their landlord won’t be happy about an unnecessary second line being put in.

I explained this to the advisor and eventually I decided to try to cancel the connection. I was told that they couldn’t waive the fee because I was ‘choosing’ to not bring the service with me. The lack of empathy is astonishing. I did not choose to be homeless and I did not choose to not take the service with me. I don’t have anywhere to take it to?!? 

I told the advisor that I can provide the email with my eviction and all of my tribunal paperwork and still nothing.

So I’m here, hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. In the mean time I am raising a complaint as well because this is ridiculous

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @simranks 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of the personal issue.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @simranks 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Very sorry to hear of the personal issue.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill