Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

 Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Hi @MiloK 

Welcome back. 
Sorry to hear that you're still querying your properties serviceability. 

Have you spoken with our new sales team to see if your property is now serviceable? They're available Monday - Friday this week between 8am - 8pm on 0800 183 1234. If there hasn't been a site survey recently, then this might be able to be request, but the new sales team will have that information to provide. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent

Unfortunately my call seems to have been a waste of my time, just as it was previously.

The gentleman I spoke with took my post code and said my property was "not serviceable"

I explained about my neighbour at number 11 having a cable pulled and now getting your Gigabit broadband offering.

He could not explain this and said he would ask about getting someone to pop out and do a site survey and asked if he could put me on hold whilst he checked.

I was on hold for about half an hour and then the I was cut off!

My apologies that your call was on hold for so long and cut off without an answer. 


There can be many reasons as to why your neighbours are able to have a service but your property cannot. A site surveyor would be able to make this decision if one has not been out recently. If there has been one recently, who has already advised serviceability was not possible, then unfortunately there would be nothing further we could do until what ever was needed to allow an install was worked on. There would be no guarantee that serviceability was possible and no timeframe for any works that were needed that we or the team could advise you. 


Have you been able to call the sales team back to see if someone could go out to check serviceability? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent