cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hello

I live in a heavily populaed area with no Virgin fibre at all

Can you check my street to see if fibre Virgin is coming

many thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi iftarrey22, 

Welcome and thank you for posting 🙂 

I am sorry to hear your address is not currently connected up for our services. 

I would be happy to take a look in to this from our side and get some clarification around the plans.

To do this, I will just need to pop you over a private message to grab a few details. I will send this now and you will find the message in the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Can you help me with this? I am moving to cr8 5pe, its on a small private street of 4 new homes. Unfortunately, we do not have VM on our street however our back gardens back onto a road that does have VM, CR8 5LT. 

We could possibly get all 4 houses signed up if you can run a cable for us. its not a long run and will only need to be run through soft garden. 

Hi NewHouse,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forum. Currently we do not provide a service to the whole of the UK. 

If you register here https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/postcode-checker, if/when our services become available, you will be contacted. 

Alternatively, you can call our sales team on 0800 183 1234, and if possible, we will arrange a spotter to come and visit to see if it will be feasible for the services to be installed.

Kind regards Jodi. 

jaygrainger1
Joining in
Spoiler
Hi,

I am only able to get a very slow connection on Sky and Bt around  56mb. I know that Virgin broadband is available 5 doors away from my home but the cable don't run any closer to my home than that (literally 30ft). Are you able to let me know if you are able to extend your services to my home? I live in B63 area (halesowen)

Hi there, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see that you are getting slow connections with other providers. We would love to have you join us. If the service is available 5 doors down I would recommend popping our sales team a call on 0800 183 1234 so they can send out a spotter. They can they advise if your property can be serviced.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@MiloK wrote:

Hi,

I may be moving to a new property and looking to see if broadband and tv services are available, the postcode is: EH54 8ND

Availability checker says not available but neighbors in front, behind and across the road can all get Virgin services.

If it is because no cables have been pulled to the property would it be possible to get that done?

Any help for the Virgin Media team would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Milo

Hi,

I am asking about this again because I would really like to get VM services.

I was in a private conversation with a member of staff about this back in February but she stopped responding and I never got a resolution or satisfactory answer.

I have attached a screenshot of a map of the area and the two sets of properties, one of which I live, that do not have VM services are in the red box.

All the other properties around can get VM, my neighbors across the round can get VM, just my little road can not.

I would be great if someone from VM could get back to me on this.

Kind regards,

Milo

vm1.PNG

Hi MIloK, thanks for the message. 

I have looked into this and can see that we do not service the area and there are no immediate plans to do so. 

You and others n the street would need to regester your interest here

Chris. 

Hi,

Not being funny but you 100% do service the area, that much I know

All the properties surrounding mine have, or can get, VM services. 

It seems when you put your services in around the neighborhood the little bit of offshoot road, that has just two properties, got missed off the cable runs.

All the infrastructure is there, just no cable run.

And just to add I did register my interest when I first moved here