cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

580 REPLIES 580

Hi

ive been checking for the past year now and there is still no word on Virgin coming into my area. Is it possible to get an update??

i will dm my address I just really need a response because we currently have awful connection here and yet Virgin is literally across the road from us

Hi @Craftedcat3799 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I can take a look into this for you. I'll send you a private message to take some more details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Any further update from the spotter?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Paulmatthews40.

If when searching your postcode on the checked this isn't showing the spotter may have found it not serviceable.

The sales team tend to have the most recently updated systems for homes. 

Thanks, Emily.

The red area is covered by Virgin Media & the blue is where the cable needs installing. It seams an easy set up

D4E5EB30-EE84-44D4-B1CA-0325C2DCF1B0.jpeg

So now, no ones PM works, so can’t chase this up?

Hi Paulmatthews40,

Thank you for coming back to us, we were unable to find anything out and advised there aren't any plans currently, you can contact our sales team who will be able to arrange for a spotter to have a look.

Regards

Paul.

Hi

Thanks for replying, but I knew all that, but the last DM was that a spotter would check the area and update me, but that was 3/4 weeks ago

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As soon as the team have an update I am sure they will contact you. 

Cheers. 

thodges2
Joining in

Hi, I've had a look to see if Virgin is available in the area I'm moving to using Think Broadband's maps and it seems there is cable but no availability. I called up to see if there plans to install Virgin there but the person on the phone (who was quite rude and unhelpful..) just said no plans.

virgin media cable 1.jpg

Any ideas?