cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

578 REPLIES 578

Hello, thank you for your response, I should have clarified that I have already registered with cable my street and have called both sales and business to no avail. Was hoping for a more researched answer to our specific area if at all possible? 

Hi aishath_n,

Thank you for coming back to me in order for us to get any information I would need to get your full address etc, I will send you an invite for a private chat shortly,

Please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul. 

Thank you Paul, looking forward to chatting with you. First time here so I will keep an eye on the purple envelope icon (top right?). 

best regards,

Aishath

Andy111
On our wavelength

Hi Paul, hope your ok. Was wondering if you could check with your Build team the following address:

111 ST7 1NX.

We were cabled about 4 weeks ago and were told they just now need to complete trunking to other streets then connect to the main Cabinet. 

Therefore is there any chance you could check with them as to a forecast date when this work will be finished and when we will be able to access the Service.

The cable my street web page obviously ain't much use to me at this stage so ideally need an update from the Build team. Many thanks in advance

sohail187
Joining in

Good evening!

I am in the same boat as a few others on here. I registered with cable my street sometime ago but I am yet to hear anything.

Post code HA5 4RF 21.

Any news would be appreciated! 

Just 50-60 meters on the opposite side of the road they all have fibre so not sure why the other side has been left out for so long!.

Hi sohail187,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community 🙂

Did you register your interest here ? 

If so, we'll be in touch if/when any information is known 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good evening and thank you for the quick reply.

Yes I did register at the link provided.

Great 🙂

We'll hopefully be in touch soon then Sohail. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Andy111
On our wavelength

What has happened to this forum. Mods used to be so helpful in chasing up enquiries with the actual build teams. Now all you get is "have you tried the cable my street website" which is about as much use as using chocolate to put a fire out.

Why can't mods actually help people and get the info they require by actually taking the time to contact the build team like the old mods such as KathF used to do.

Customer service is absolutely shocking on here now.

skimarqueshc
Joining in
Hi Can anyone at Virgin look at the following postcode is likely to get Virgin installed in our area, we are on a new build estate of what will be 240 properties. The street we come off have Virgin in the area so is there likely to be any movement. I have registered interest on Virgins site