cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable my street

rgjstone
Tuning in

Hi I'm just wondering if I could get some information if it's likely my street will be cabled in the near future? I noticed there's some cables being installed a street over and further back from there.

I've attached an image to show where they're being installed, we live between Wardle St and Sandal St and are all currently connected to an old bt cabinet and community funding an upgrade would cost us £5k through openreach even though there are fibre enabled cabinets within 20 metres and we live walking distance to the centre of manchester. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 20.34.47.png

582 REPLIES 582

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi lj198525,

I'm going drop you a PM so I can take some details from you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

HI Virgin media,

I would be really interested in knowing the status of any planned works to my area.

Most of the town is full virgin media fibre and i have been a customer for years at previous address's in my town. Unfortunately when we bought the new house i didn't check that virgin was available. Now with the new projects running to fill in the gaps in already connected areas,im hoping that i might get a good broadband speed finally!

Im really suffering on this awful BT 'so called superfast broadband'. Any help would be much appreciated.

Currently living in DN3 2HA - Armthorpe Doncaster

Many thanks

Darren

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi reefer86, thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately there's currently no information on our system regarding your postcode. However i can check with another team to see if there are any works planned.

I'll send a PM to confirm some details, get back to me when you get chance so we can take a further look into this for you. 

Tom_F

thenorthboi
Joining in

Hi,

I currently live in a new build estate of around 300 houses. Our property has been built for 3 years and the whole development has been completed for over a year. 

There are VM cables in neighbouring streets, but VM cables were not installed new to our properties.

I’ve registered interest on the website but would love to know if there are any future plans to bring cables to our street. Is there a roll out map that can be checked or another way it can be checked directly with the team that make the plans?

Thanks in advance. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thenorthboi, thanks for getting in touch.

We'll be happy to see if we can get any further information for you. I'll get in touch via PM and look forward to hearing back from you. 

Tom_F

rjones86
Joining in

I'm looking for some information about the possibility of receiving services in the property I am about to move in to. The postcode is M27 8WE and it's a relatively new build estate approx 10-15 years old. When I try to purchase a bundle I get the 'we are pretty sure we can provide services but fill your details in and somebody will be in touch', but nobody ever does.

After speaking to a number of online chat agents and agents on the phone, I have have finally managed to get some useful information. I have been advised that there is cabling for the estate, however it is currently inactive due to issues with the power supply??? The main road that the estate runs off as well as the streets opposite all have access to 500mb connections, (M27 8UE & M27 8TR) so there clearly has been work done in the area as these are within 100m of my new property. 

There is very poor broadband availability onthe estate from companies using the standard BT fibre line (max 6-8mb) so I'm sure Virgin would get a lot of new customers if they opened up the connection to the estate. 

Could somebody let me know if the above is correct in terms of the power supply etc, and the potential for services to become available in the future, as well as timescales for this, as it seems from the outside that this is something that could (hopefully!) be done relatively easily.

Thanks!

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rjones86, I can check to see if we can help further but will need a bit more info. I'll send a PM shortly requesting some details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Cheers,

Tom_F

Hannibalhorn
Joining in

Hello.

My street has had Virgin installed and some of my neighbours are already receiving the service. Unfortunately my house was missed off presumably as my house is at the end of a private path which the contractors probably didn't want to dig up. My next door neighbour whose house is attached to mine can get the service but I  cant. 

I am more than happy for the path to come up or the cable also runs past my privately owned driveway which would be another option. No public streets would need digging up.

How easy would it be to get connected in these circumstances. I would expect it shouldn't be too hard.

Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch Hannibalhorn, I'll pop a PM over shortly and we'll take it from there.

Tom_F

Grahf
Joining in

Hello Virgin media,

I have just bought a property and am moving in the property this week.

I am a current VM customer and I love the service, but unfortunately it looks like you do not provide internet in my area.

Could you check if there is any plan to get internet accessible in my new flat?

Here is the postcode: 

London, W2 4LP

Thank you,

Paul