cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband change in april to partners name

Mikesue126
Joining in

My contract expires in April 2024 and I will not be renewing as I will be leaving the property. My wife will be staying at the property and I would like her to have her own account with virgin. Can this be done and can she look to start the change prior to my contract expiry date. Can I monitor my oldemail address for a period as she would need a new one?

Help appreciated, thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mikesue126 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

You'll need to give thirty days notice to cancel and the process is the new account holder would need to go three months no service before being eligible to be a new customer. 

In relation to your email, I'd advise migrating everything over to a new email asap, as it should only stay active for a period of 90 days.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Where does it state I have to give 30 days notice when my contract expires? Why does a non customer have to wait 90 days to take out a contract with you?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mikesue126 wrote:

Where does it state I have to give 30 days notice when my contract expires? 

You will find most companies (including Sky) require either 30 or 31 days notice to cancel an account.

Section N of the Terms & Conditions  < here > 

N. Other ways to end this agreement
1. In addition to your rights to cancel during the cooling off period, either you or we may end this agreement at any time (including during or at the end of any minimum period) by giving the other 30 days’ notice. You can provide notice and end this agreement under this provision by:
1. dialling 0345 454 1111 from any phone (for information on how much this call will cost from a Virgin Media home phone visit virginmedia.com/ callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary); or
2. writing to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA.
2. If you end this agreement in accordance with paragraph N1, you must pay any outstanding charges (including usage charges and line rental) up to the end of your 30-day notice period.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply @Mikesue126 on the VM forums. 👋🏼

To cancel services out of contract or within the last month of the services ending, a 30 days notice order does have to be put in, as with many other telecommunication services.
A customer does not have to wait 90 days to take out the service. When the 30 days notice is placed in, your wife can ring the sales team and have services setup so that she won't have to be without services and also benefit from the new customer deals we have.

In relation to the email address, is it a Virgin Media email address?

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for the help. The email on the account is ......ntlworld.com  we have been clients for 20 years.

Thank you for letting us know!

You can find more information about the transfer of an account into another account holders name here 👉 How do I change account holder details? | Virgin Media Help and more information on managing email here 👉 How to manage my email account | Virgin Media Help

In terms of transferring the email address over, we would need to wait to complete this until the new account is active, and then we can complete a Move&transfer on the email account, or we may need to raise an IT ticket. 

Your wife is welcome to get in touch via this platform by joining this thread, and we can pick this up with her if needed a little later down the line. 
Thanks for your patience in the meantime! Let us know if there is anything else you need our help with. 🌞

Molly