cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area Reference Code

grinbg
Tuning in

I haven't received my first bill yet and can't seem to find my area reference in order to access/register my account. What would the area reference code be for Mansfield, Nottinghamshire with post code NG18 2AF?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi grinbg,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, the area reference for the provided Post Code is 30, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you may not have been installed yet, if this is the case you may not be able to set up an Online Account due to the system not recognising the details, if this is the case this will change once the account is active.

Regards

Paul.      

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi grinbg,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome both here and to Virgin Media, the area reference for the provided Post Code is 30, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and it looks like you may not have been installed yet, if this is the case you may not be able to set up an Online Account due to the system not recognising the details, if this is the case this will change once the account is active.

Regards

Paul.      

Hey Paul,

The area code was correct and I have created an online account now with your help. You would be correct, our broadband has not yet been installed as we do not have a virgin media wall socket but I did ring up earlier to schedule an engineer appointment but it doesn't appear on my scheduled appointments tab when I check the MyVirginMedia app, is there any way you could confirm whether it is still happening?

Thank you!

Hi grinbg, thanks for the message, not all appointments will show on the appointments tab. Can you let us know how it goes. - Chris. 

Hello!

So our technician came (lovely man may I add), had a look around and told us that we'd have to get something pulled into the building in order to fit the socket that we needed to connect our Hub5 broadband to. The only issue is that we live in a flat which used to be part of a hotel but has now been separated and is now half-hotel, half-residential building. The engineer went to the other half of the building and spoke to someone (who the technician believed was the landlord but in reality was NOT) on an inter-com asking about having the wire pulled into the building and he simply said "No" so me and the technician went over my contract for the flat and discovered that there is very clearly no mention of us not being allowed to have our own broadband and we have no contact with the ACTUAL landlord as he lives abroad so we have to ask all these important questions to the agents who have close to no idea what they're talking about. Worse yet, we were told by the agency prior to signing the contract (which I read thoroughly to ensure a problem like this wouldn't occur) that we are allowed to pay for our own broadband yet when I ring them now, they say we can't? I know none of this is virgin media's responsibility or issue and I appreciate all the help we've had so far.

However, I believe I may have found something...

We have two unused wall sockets which my stepfather thinks carries internet through into our flat as there are clearly wires that have been cut off as they are unused. I have provided images of these wires both on the inside and outside of the building. What I want to know is ; can a technician get a connection through these wires and get our Hub5 up and running or is this just a dead-end?

outside.jpgsocket2.jpgsocket1.jpg

Hey grinbg, thank you for reaching out and sending these pictures over.

These sockets don't look like one of ours sorry, however I have taken a look and I can see you have spoke to the team since posting this.

Did they manage to give you any updates at all? ^MM

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi,

Nothing to update, just stuck at the same point. We can't get a cable pulled into the room/flat at the moment as we haven't been told that we can but I will be ringing up the agency later again to complain because quite frankly this is unfair. As I previously stated, our contract doesn't contain anything that would disallow us to pay for our own broadband or have a cable brought in especially when one of us works from home and needs a fast, stable and reliable connection. I'll keep you posted!

No problem please do keep us updated and we will do our best for you.

I hope you have a lovely day. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Unfortunately, our agency won't budge and are continuing to be extremely stubborn and unreasonable. We have a BT socket in our flat which will probably be the only way to get our own broadband which is an extreme shame seeing as we won't get the speeds we're looking for. So in order to avoid anymore hassle and get us online ASAP I think I'll need to switch our provider. Thank you for all the help and fast responses but I'm not sure we can get virgin media services at the moment 😞

Again, thank you for all of your help.

No problem at all, we are sorry to hear this. 

Please do reach out if you ever need anything in the near future and I hope you have a lovely rest of the day. ^MM 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?