cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agreed to Contract on basis of credit that never got applied.

NicoleCatherine
Tuning in

Ongoing issue with price of package:

11/1 agreed to reconfirm contract for 18 months for £54, but TNT sports disappeared.

12/1 phoned to complain as package was then not the same as I  previously had, although email stated same package, same price no fuss. Too early after confirming contract to get a deal on TNT sports as its no longer included in package and I need to pay for it, told to phone back at weekend and would get to add it for cheaper.

20/1 phoned and spoke to gentleman that said they’d add TNT sports free to honour the original price, but he stated he would need to build a new package at £133 and add £79 rolling credit to make it £54 again (£5 for Netflix ). Told us the bill would be crazy high but ignore it because of the credit the first bill would be around £86 as its 2 months.

1/3 £248 taken out of bank account, 5x the amount agreed and triple the £86 we were expecting. Phoned and got told the £79 credit was rejected, I was never told this was an option or we would have just added the TNT sports for £13 rather than pay £79 extra for 1 channel. Woman told me her manager was then going to add it on and issue a refund for the extra. Would contact me with an update on the following Saturday (9/3) due to the agent being on holiday the following week and needing time to refund money and process the credit.

NO CONTACT.

10/3 opened web chat, explained yet again, told it would take time to refund and make a new contract as it was a lot of money to sort out from your end to reverse package. Told Someone would contact us again within 48-72 hours to tell us it would be done.

NO CONTACT.

15/3 tried to contact web chat but on hold to connect to agent all day. Agent I got unable to help, transferred and then on hold AGAIN until chat closed without speaking to anyone at 9pm.

16/3 got through to agent who told us they would sort it. Made a package for £79 but told rolling £25 credit would be added so we were back to £54 and would be processed today but would take 48-72 hours and the next bill would be generated at the new contract. Also got told that they would credit the account one off £150 to cover the extra on the big first bill we had paid (£248) . I was happy with these terms.

However, I have just received an email stating that the contract does not start until 15/4 meaning that the bill due on the 1/4 will still be £133 (£79 more than the £54 EVER agreed), and then on top of that, the email states that next bill generated on the 15/4 will be £133 too (£79 more than agreed). Then I am guessing the first month at £54 will be a double payment yet again as its ‘a new contract’ after already paying a double payment of £248 that was paid on the 1/3.

This is emotionally, physically and financially draining to continue to have problems with this. We agreed to £54 a month since January 12th, no other payment, and by the time our bill returns to the agreed price we will have paid  £514 (£248, 133, 133) for 3 months package rather than £194 (£86, 54, 54) that we were told/expecting.

I’m a nurse for the NHS I don’t have the luxury to have the money to cover these big bills.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would think Molly, that it is fairly obvious what has happened here, no? NicoleCatherine has simply been blatantly mis-sold, if she received an email offering the ‘same great package’ for whatever price and then VM fail to honour this, it’s breech of contract. There’s no argument, should she escalate this to the Ombudsman service (which absolutely is going to happen), or even the Courts, she will win - VM have defrauded a customer!

And this isn’t the first time it has been reported on here, no? VM have ‘form’ for making promises and offers which don't seem to pan out. Maybe the Advertising Standards Agency  might be interested if enough people complain about it?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NicoleCatherine 👋 welcome to the community forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your experience joining our services, and these concerns regarding your package price. 

We would need to take a closer look at the account to investigate what has happened here, and offer further support in getting things resolved. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you.

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

I would think Molly, that it is fairly obvious what has happened here, no? NicoleCatherine has simply been blatantly mis-sold, if she received an email offering the ‘same great package’ for whatever price and then VM fail to honour this, it’s breech of contract. There’s no argument, should she escalate this to the Ombudsman service (which absolutely is going to happen), or even the Courts, she will win - VM have defrauded a customer!

And this isn’t the first time it has been reported on here, no? VM have ‘form’ for making promises and offers which don't seem to pan out. Maybe the Advertising Standards Agency  might be interested if enough people complain about it?

It honestly baffles me why VM do not understand what has went wrong here. I'm hoping that this gets resolved within 8 weeks or else I will have no option but to follow down the path of the Ombudsman. I haven't explored the option of reporting to the Advertising Standards Agency so thanks for bringing that up. I will explore this as another option. 

NicoleCatherine
Tuning in

This issue has now been fully resolved and price honoured. They have also issued a full refund for the extra money I have been charged over 2 bill cycles 

Thanks for the update @NicoleCatherine glad to hear this 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs