cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oYet another virgin email threat to my account

maceasy
Joining in

Like others I have a virgin.net email address as my main email account. They are lying by sending me an email saying that I no longer have Virgin Media Services, which I have and have had for over ten years. So you would think a simple call would sort that out. Not a bit of it. They are now saying they are closing virgin.net accounts and my registered email is a blue yonder one. So what? I have had the virgin address for years and rely on it, and am paying through the nose, Virgin style, for it, because I don't want to leave and lose this email account.

I do not accept that there is 'nothing we can do about it', since there clearly is, by not deleting it and carrying on as it has been for many years. What kind of outfit is this that can't manage their legacy email addresses, with many customers having more than one domain thanks to the changes of ownership they have implemented. Is that our fault, and we must suffer and lose years of email addresses and contacts who rely on my current email address?

What a tower of nonsense and  appalling business practice. How could you recommend this amateur hour deletion of valuable email accounts with such little consideration, and a blatant lie about not having virgin media services any more as the first line of this excuse ridden threat to my livelihood?

4 REPLIES 4

maceasy
Joining in

Thanks for the litany of excuses you make for Virgin not knowing anything. Clearly they can allow current customers to retain legacy email domains. The problem is they have no apparent interest in establishing such a system. All those billions they make and they can't write some software, eh?

maceasy
Joining in

PS, it is a lie, since the presumption is that I am no longer a customer, and they will nuke the account, without first seeking to establish that I am still a customer, like thousands of others with legacy accounts. They are legacy because they are the ones who have changed the domains several times, in order to merge into an ever bigger, more profitable business, And hang the customers who have been through all these changes and are now a problem for them, by daring to have some old accounts they created for us. It they can't ask customers to confirm their status and act accordingly it doesn't bode well for their technical abilities if they can't sort out some simple email anomalies.

Hi @maceasy 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@maceasy You do need to understand the difference between virgin.net and blueyonder.

Blueyonder was Telewests's in-house email system.
Virgin.net was a joint venture between Virgin Group and NTL prior to the latter's merging with Telewest and ntl/telwest later buying Virgin Mobile from Virgin Group and agreeing a licencing deal that for NTL/Telewest to become Virgin Media.

As such Virgin.net and Blueyonder.co.uk belong to 2 completely separate broadband accounts.  One of which would have become Orphaned.  In order to save your virgin.net email you will have to let go of any and all blueyonder email addresses AND virginmedia.com addresses linked to your current broadband account, and even then, it is only possible in specific circumstances.

This is because Virgin Media have no mechanism to move individual addresses between accounts, the whole raft of current addresses on an account is moved and completely overwrites the emails on the target account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks