cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media.com email hacked

Carkun
Joining in

Hello, I have a very old virgin media.com email address. I no longer have any virgin services but have been able to continue to use the email address. Unfortunately my account has been hacked. The hackers are using my email to book hotels and are also accessing my accounts such as Netflix. I can’t log into virgin media.com mailbox to change the password as the email is no longer recognised/supported.  I have tried to contact virginmedia but they can’t advising they can’t help because I don’t have an account. Any help on who to contact ?? Much appreciated 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Karin2 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Carkun,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you feel your old email account has been compromised. Please respond to the private message that I'll be sending to you shortly and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Carkun,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message. I'm glad that we've now been able to address your concerns there.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi. I also need help with the very sand situation please. I have been hacked, unable to recover account due to it being very old and apparently disconnected already but it’s not. I need help urgently as they use many of my accounts to book hotels etc. etc, 

Hi @Karin2 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about what's happened 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Thank you Daniel so much for your help! much appreciated. the account is now closed. 

Rougher
Joining in

Hello, I also have an old virginmedia.com email account. And have just been made aware that it has been hacked. They have already attempted to and gained access to several accounts connected to the email account. I have no idea what to do as I can't even gain access to the email to change the password. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Bandolier01
Joining in

Hi - I am experiencing a similar issue to the other responses in this thread - email has been hacked and used to apply for credit. Please do get in touch. 

Hi Bandolier01,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with your email also.

So I can help I've popped you over a private message, to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Thanks for joining me over private message Bandolier01,

Glad I was able to help.

Alex_Rm