cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential hack?

WJ_14_22
Tuning in

Hoping the forum can help. A week or so I received a message in my spam folder apparently sent from my email address ( a long standing blueyonder one as part of my broadband package)- essentially send bitcoin or I'll contact your contacts and tell them things you haven't done. Deleted it, changed email password and indeed email where any password change requests are sent. Also ran virus checks etc as apparently malware installed (checks are clear). 

New one turned up today- thought maybe it was another email address purporting to be mine but it appears to be going back to virgin media app suite. A very similar thing happened coincidently to my Dad last year. I've checked my email isn't autoforwarding to another email, should I be concerned or do anything else? I don't want to lose my current email if at all possible. 

Thanks in advance 

1 REPLY 1

Cardiffman282
Super solver

I think I got the same. It mentioned infection by the Pegasus spyware. I was very flattered as only state agencies have access to it  and it costs tens of thousands of dollars per deployment. In summary it's bullocks. https://www.gadgetsnow.com/slideshows/pegasus-spy-tool-what-is-it-how-it-works-cost-who-can-buy-and-...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here