cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email of deceased account

Rambleon1
Joining in

My husband passed away in December 2021. The "Bereavement Team" confirmed in early 2022 that his account was closed and I set up email forwarding (as suggested by Virgin) to cover any emails in the 90 day period. My husband's account is still getting mail and hence this is being auto forwarded to me!. Nothing important and a lot of Spam, but that's not the point, the account should have been closed and auto forward removed. I would really like to get this sorted. I do have the old Virgin account number and blueyonder email address, but I cannot even access his email to take off the auto forward.  

Please can someone help me sort this asap?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Rambleon1 wrote:

the account should have been closed and auto forward removed. I would really like to get this sorted.

The email account certainly should have been deleted completely and it is a great pity that did not happen.

I have escalated this to the Forum Team (VM staff). They will contact you and arrange for the the account to be deleted. That will stop you from getting any emails forwarded to your own email account.

Keep an eye out for a reply to your post from one of the Forum Team. They will also send you a private message via the forum and take the details of the account. Please don't post those details here on the open forum.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Rambleon1.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry to hear the email address has not been closed off.

I will be able to get this resolved for you as quickly and stress free as possible.

I know it's been over 2 years since your sad loss , I hope your are keeping well.

With this being a public page, I will need to send you a private message to get the account number and email address.

If you can check the logo top right of your screen, that would be great.

Regards 

Gareth_L