cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account blocked

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I checked my emails before I went out this morning.  I have tried again this evening, but I get a message saying that the account is blocked.

I have no idea why that should happen.  How can I get it back?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @SandraDJ 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you back. 

I am so sorry that you have faced these issues with your service and thank you again for posting. Can I confirm are you trying to access this via web or client mail?

If the email is a Virgin media email can I just check, are you still using this as the username to log into My Virgin Media?

Hi

I regained access the next day.  I normally access my emails on my laptop, and have the link saved, as well as the passwords.

It is frustrating when this happens.  On past occasions I have had to call to get it sorted.

Sandra

Great to hear that you regain access to your emails @SandraDJ 

I can appreciate the frustration this may have caused that day. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I am having issues again this morning.  I get this message:

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

ACCOUNT ALSO LOCKED

Getting the same message,just going around in a loop trying to get a solution,think it's time virgin and I seperated ,virgin you've gone down hill badly

Thank you for sharing this @SandraDJ and @djh26 we were aware of an outage effecting email yesterday morning, this has since been resolved.

Are you still facing this issue?

SandraDJ
On our wavelength

I have to go around in circles when I move from one email account to another.  It used to be so easy, now I get sent to this page:  

Welcome to My Virgin Media

Sign in or register to manage your account

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Here's a complete solution to all VM email problems. 

1. Get a new email account with Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo etc.

2. In your VM email account, set up a forwarding instruction to send all received messages to your new account.

3. Use the new account to send all your outgoing messages, and include a note in them asking for replies to be sent to the new account. 

You will need a new email address one day anyway, when either you leave VM broadband or VM finally decides to close it down. Starting the process now will be easier than having to do it under pressure at some unplanned time in the future. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

In this case, to best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs