cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Upgrade Query

-Maelstrom-
Tuning in

I've just come to the end of an 18 month contract, and since Volt was introduced, we've been on the Volt Gig1 Broadband, with the Oomph package. I've had trouble taking out a new deal and have had to call a few times since 1st April, as our new package was initially set up incorrectly. 

What I don't understand, is that I have been set up as Volt M600 Fibre. Everyone that I have spoken to on the phone is insistent that I can't get 1Gig, without having to pay £130-140 per month, not including a sim card. My new deal includes Maxit TV and a SIM (I think, as it's not listed on the contract). But was there really no way that I could renew on the deal that I've been on for 18 months?

I am constantly seeing ads on the TV and on Facebook for Volt customers getting a speed upgrade, but I seem to be 400M down. In the My Virgin Media app, it states "You've been upgraded to Volt M600 Fibre Broadband", but I haven't. I've been downgraded by 40%.

We live on an estate where we contacted Virgin and asked them to put in the cables for Broadband, which they agreed to do, if we could get a certain number of customers to sign up. What it means, of course, is that everyone on my estate's contracts are ending at the same time. A lot of people here have renewed at Gig1 speeds (at a cheaper price than me), so I can't see why I haven't been offered that speed, which I was on until today 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I here what your saying but 600 is pretty fast, probably too fast for most

I'm sure that I wouldn't notice much difference, but it was this strange attitude that I couldn't have been on Gig1 and when I pointed out that all my recent bills mentioned it (and the speed confirmed it), the tone changed to oh well you can't have it anyway.

I know the get out clause is always that offers change all the time, but during the 3 weeks that I've been trying to renew my contract other people on our estate have renewed at Gig1 for a lower price.

I guess my question is, as a Volt customer I should have a speed increase to the next level, I had one from 600 to Gig1 when Volt started. I'm not getting one as I'm on the speed that I was on before Volt existed. Is 600meg now my post-Volt increased speed?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @-Malestrom- thanks for your post to us although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

I'm going to need to send you a PM to discuss this further just so we can get a bit more account specific. 

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W