cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits not applied

DrTrev
Joining in

Activated Volt on My O2 on 12 January 2023, received txt from O2 to confirm activation the and Volt benefits to data package applied the same day.

The terms of Volt indicate I should wait at least 14 days until the data boost is applied to the broadband package.

I started a WhatsApp chat with Virgin Media on Friday 27 January to check why the Virgin benefits had not been applied.

Finally on Sunday I was told in chat that the benefits had been activate and would take effect in 24 hours when all i had to do was reboot the hub.

On Monday 30 there was no change in broadband speed as the boost had not been applied.

I have had various"human advisors" tell me that I need to book an appointment from Virgin technical so they can check the hub.

The last advisor said I should contact O2 to get the Virgin broadband boost. I just tried that, and 2 hours down the line, guess what they told me. Not their problem.

This clearly indicates it is NOT ACTIVE on Virgin

DrTrev_0-1675173220873.png

6 REPLIES 6

DrTrev
Joining in

The Volt benefits were activated on my O2 account on 12 January, I received a phone txt from O2 on the same day to confirm that the O2 volt benefits had been applied, and I can confirm the benefits were applied on that day. So yes, the 14 days passed on 26 January.

My original contracted package is the M250. The Volt deal stipulates that the broadband boost will take broadband speed to next tier level, in my case to the M350 package free of charge.

On Tuesday 27 January at 12:08 GMT I started a WhatsApp conversation with Virgin Media to explain that the broadband boost was not activated. I am STILL in this WhatsApp conversation today and getting very frustrated. I can provide a full txt log of this conversation if needed, but it it is very long. I respond immediately to Virgin agents on WhatsApp, but sadly that is not the case with Virgin agents. After chatting to various agents, explaining the same thing repeatedly finally on txt number 414 on 29 January at 11:49 an agent confirmed the broadband boost had been applied and would take effect in 24 hours. Needless to say the boost was not applied. The WhatsApp chat continued up to yesterday 31 February, when at 14:42 an agent confirmed "The number (my O2 phone number) was not registered hence the O2 benefits was not active. However I have got the O2 number added and shall get activated in next 24 hours and you will also receive an email confirmation in next 24 hours."

It is now 13:00 and there is still no change and I am now adding to a complaint case I raised with Virgin Media to include the copious text log of the fruitless chats I have had with Virgin Agents. As a new client you have failed to impress so far!

Please see screen shot below indicating current package and Volt Benefits Status = NOT ACTIVE.

DrTrev_0-1675254064249.png

After chatting  SEVERAL agents 

DrTrev
Joining in

The Volt benefits were activated on my O2 account on 12 January, I received a phone txt from O2 on the same day to confirm that the O2 volt benefits had been applied, and I can confirm the benefits were applied on that day. So yes, the 14 days passed on 26 January.

My original contracted package is the M250. The Volt deal stipulates that the broadband boost will take broadband speed to next tier level, in my case to the M350 package free of charge.

On Tuesday 27 January at 12:08 GMT I started a WhatsApp conversation with Virgin Media to explain that the broadband boost was not activated. I am STILL in this WhatsApp conversation today and getting very frustrated. I can provide a full txt log of this conversation if needed, but it it is very long. I respond immediately to Virgin agents on WhatsApp, but sadly that is not the case with Virgin agents. After chatting to various agents, explaining the same thing repeatedly finally on txt number 414 on 29 January at 11:49 an agent confirmed the broadband boost had been applied and would take effect in 24 hours. Needless to say the boost was not applied. The WhatsApp chat continued up to yesterday 31 February, when at 14:42 an agent confirmed "The number (my O2 phone number) was not registered hence the O2 benefits was not active. However I have got the O2 number added and shall get activated in next 24 hours and you will also receive an email confirmation in next 24 hours."

It is now 13:00 and there is still no change and I am now adding to a complaint case I raised with Virgin Media to include the copious text log of the fruitless chats I have had with Virgin Agents. As a new client you have failed to impress so far!

Please see screen shot above indicating current package and Volt Benefits Status = NOT ACTIVE.

any chance of getting round to replying to my similar post yesterday?

DrTrev
Joining in

Hi Reece,

Please can you respond to my similar post from yesterday?

Hi there @DrTrev 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

We are so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. We do ask that you do not make repeat posts as this does mean your post is pushed back to the beginning of the que, we will always help as soon as we can but the forums are not an instant service and we do ask that you wait for an agent or our community to respond. 

I would be happy to take a look into this for you and make sure the O2 details have been linked to the account. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Hi, can you keep me updated on your progress please, I’m having the same problems as you, with WhatsApp etc, 2 days in and no joy, like you was promise everything and got nothing. So frustrating