cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT speed upgrade

Dav25
Tuning in

I have upgraded my connection to Volt M500 and as I have O2 mobile my double data upgrade has been activated on 14/4.

So far I have heard nothing from Virgin regarding Volt Speed Upgrade. It is now more than 14 days.
I tried to contact VM over the chat but there is no answer so far...

Do I need to do something else to get this upgrade live? I've got Super Hub 3. Do I need SH4 in order to get 1GB connection?

Thanks in advance.

14 REPLIES 14

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dav25 wrote:

Hi Akua_A 

They were saying SH3 is absolutely fine for 1Gb speed. Reading on here I come to the different conclusion.

No it is not capable of 1Gb speeds. When first advertised it was half of that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks enlli.

That's what I thought. Virgin CS was positive that I can use SH3 to get 1Gb speed.

Hi @Dav25, when our team advised of the uplift in speed, that as you say we advised of a two day time frame, did the call handler also discuss the issuing of a Hub 4?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi @David_Bn

That two day frame has passed and I am still to get the speed boost. I have raised the question of Hub 4, but they were adamant that Hub 3 can handle it and I don't need Hub 4. They said that the Hub 3 update is done remotely by Virgin and that will allow speed of 1Gb.

So I am paying for the Volt package since beginning of April, but not receiving what is advertised (and sold) to me.

Kind regards

Hi Dav25,

So I can get a few more details and go through this with you I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm