cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Volt with 3 V6 boxes - how many on contract?

G4DDS
Well-informed

So, I originally rang VM just to add the Sky Sports UHD pack onto my Ultimate ooompph package, but I thought I'd offer to recontract if they gave me a good deal. So after a couple of phone calls lasting almost two hours in total and speaking to 5 different people I think it's finally sorted.

But just to check, I wondered those that are still on V6 boxes how many additional boxes does the ultimate volt contract show?

On my Ultimate ooompph it showed as:

Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo
2 Additional TV Box

which makes the 3 V6's we have.

On my Volt contract is has:

Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo
Additional TV Box

Now originally my new Volt contract had a one-off charge of £35 and it would seem after speaking to the team that I was down to receive an additional box which would make it 4 boxes. This was corrected so I just keep the 3 V6's I have and the one-off charge was removed.

I assume that as ultimate volt comes with two boxes (a 360 and a mini) then that is the equivalent of 2 V6's and then the additional box then makes it 3 V6's. Does that look right?

I can't actually switch over to ultimate volt until my O2 SIM has arrived and I've ported the number across (otherwise I lose my current phone number as the ulitmate ooomph SIM will be cancelled as soon as the ultimate volt contract is started) which is annoying as I was hoping to watch the F1 in UHD this weekend. I have been told as soon as I have ported my number across then I should ring up and ask them to "complete the outstanding work order"  to start the new ultimate volt contract before the current date of the 29th March.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5
8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@G4DDS wrote:

I assume that as ultimate volt comes with two boxes (a 360 and a mini) then that is the equivalent of 2 V6's and then the additional box then makes it 3 V6's. Does that look right?

Ultimate Volt comes with 2 TV boxes.

If you are a TV360 customer, that is usually 1 x TV360-master & 1 x TV360-mini

If you are a TiVo/V6 customer, that is 2 boxes of whatever variety.

@G4DDS wrote:

On my Volt contract is has:

Virgin TV V6 Box, powered by TiVo
Additional TV Box

I would interpret this as being 2 boxes in total.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

G4DDS
Well-informed

So last weekend I rang up to have Sky Sports UHD added and whilst I was speaking to a human I thought I would ask about making package changes to help offset the price increase.

I changed from Ultimate Oommmphh to Ultimate Volt with an O2 SIM. My package start date was the 31st March and I asked if they could change that to that very day (i.e. immediately) as I wanted the Sky Sports UHD for the F1 that weekend. I was told I could but that would cancel the Virgin Mobile SIM, my mobile would stop working and I would lose my number.

However, she said that when my O2 SIM arrived and I had ported the number across (when they added my O2 services they also forgot to put an automatic port request in for me) and I was happy that the my O2 services were working correctly with my old Virgin Mobile number, then I should ring up and ask for the "outstanding work to be completed on the contract" and then they could bring the start date forward.

So, my number port happened yesterday and I have rang up and have been told that by the lady I spoke to that she has never heard of this being done and it is not possible to move the start date forward. I am really annoyed because whilst I ain't too bothered about the broadband speed and Netflix I want Sky Sports UHD activated!

I kind of wish last weekend I'd just done what I intended to and just had the UHD pack added to my existing Ultimate Oommph and then perhaps left it a few days to contact them about re-contracting and changing packages.

I'm getting quite annoyed as it took 2 phone calls, 5 agents and over 2 hours of my time last weekend to get everything correct on the contract and now it appears I was told wrong information about bringing the date forward. Not very happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rang a few moments ago (see my new thread about being told different things regarding completing outstanding contract work) and I clarified that it is definitely 3 V6 boxes on the new contract.

G4DDS
Well-informed

What's going on here? My two threads about different topics appear to have been merged - that's not very helpful!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @G4DDS, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and welcome back!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused on the pending agreement that you have with Virgin Media.

Can you please confirm if you have since been able to discuss this with our team, or if you're still seeking some clarity?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The representative I spoke to today, confirmed that the new contract still has 3 V6's on it even though it confusingly looks like on the contract there are only 2 (I think its because Ultimate Volt comes with 2 boxes as standard).

What I am struggling to comprehend is this problem I describe here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Volt/Complete-outstanding-work-order-anyone-had-this-done-to-mo...

How I can be told two completely different things by two agents just bemuses me especially as the first one claims she could have started my contract last week (albeit I would have lost my Virgin Mobile number)! Furthermore the one I spoke too today, claims she has never heard of a contract date being brought forward because it is not possible. It is this that I would like some clarification on.

Hi @G4DDS 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

Sorry for the confusion. Contracts can start sooner certainly. For example, say you're downgrading a TV package but also receiving new equipment. Due to the downgrade, it should start in thirty days but it starts when the new equipment arrives and gets activated.

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I submitted a complaint and a very helpful chap phoned me to discuss it. He looked at the account and said there was no downgrade on the account and he double checked all the codes against it. Within a few minutes he bought the contract date forward and just after midnight my services on my new contract all started working. He rang me again this dinnertime just to make sure everything was working as expected so he could close the complaint.

He did say that they should really check all the codes on the account before they assume its a downgrade as mine wasn't despite being told it was!