cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New customer and no sim card yet from 02

Ejl78
Tuning in

New customer - been paying and up and running for half a week. No o2 sim card arrived which is part of the package and one of the benefits that made me sign up for Virgin. Not great! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi - the sim didn’t work as no account attached to it so completely stuck still. Have sent o2 a msg on social media but no response 3 days later. When i call them they have no knowledge of who i am or an account. It is so frustrating. I am 3 weeks into my virgin contract now and have no o2 sim card which is worth £25/mth so as far as i am concerned, i am not receiving value for money. To be honest it’s a complete shambles. Please can you resolve this for me? I feel as if i have bought a package with virgin and what was promised has not been delivered. Thank you

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ejl78, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're still waiting on receiving a SIM card from O2. 

We don't have access to O2 systems to check on the status of this. You will need to get in touch with O2 directly for them to check the status and advise further. You can find their contact options here

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I rang 02 customer care directly and they had no record or me as a customer despite me filling this info out when i took out the Virgin contract and told me to contact Virgin. I went back to Virgin and was passed back to O2. They are now sending out a sim but i do feel the whole situation has been organised and handled very badly, especially as Virgin are offering this sim deal to new customers. The 02 people also speak really poor English (that I spoke to.) It has wasted a lot of my time and needed a lot of patience. 

Hi @Ejl78,

I am sorry to hear of your experience, but I'm glad to hear that the team over at O2 have now confirmed that a SIM card has been processed and on its way to you.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi - the sim didn’t work as no account attached to it so completely stuck still. Have sent o2 a msg on social media but no response 3 days later. When i call them they have no knowledge of who i am or an account. It is so frustrating. I am 3 weeks into my virgin contract now and have no o2 sim card which is worth £25/mth so as far as i am concerned, i am not receiving value for money. To be honest it’s a complete shambles. Please can you resolve this for me? I feel as if i have bought a package with virgin and what was promised has not been delivered. Thank you

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ejl78,

I am so sorry to hear this is not working for you, this is not what we like to hear, I will take a look into this for you and reach out to our O2 team.

I will pop you over a PM, so keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩

Thanks,

Zoie

situation now resolved - I must have spent over 2 hours of my work time speaking to different people at 02. I really, really struggled to understand the vast majority of the people I spoke to and they didn’t comprehend the problem either. Not been a very positive experience. I think I’d pay more in future to go with a service where the people who answer the phone have clear diction and a good command of the English language. It has been painful sorting this out. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ejl78,

Thank you for your update on this, glad it is resolved. I am sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with our O2 team, we can pass this on as feedback for you.

Thanks,

Zoie