cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile phone upgrade - VM or O2?

cass
On our wavelength

I'm approaching the end of a 3 year mobile contract with Virgin. My SIM was changed to O2 last year when I switched to the Volt package.

I'm unsure who to talk to regarding a new phone, VM or O2. Virgin's prices look slightly better, but all their deals include a plan. I assume I need to keep my O2 plan as part of the Volt package, so I'm not sure how that would work.

Is it possible to upgrade with VM when you have an O2 SIM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cass, 

Thanks for your post and questions around upgrading. 

As your SIM has swapped over to O2, it would mean you no longer have a Virgin Mobile account and thus any upgrades would need to be discussed directly with O2.

You can reach them using the contact details here

In terms of cancelling the O2 SIM, as this is part of your Volt package, it means you may lose any Volt benefits you get for having both VM and O2 services. These would include a high data allowance on your SIM, an upgraded speed boost on your BB as well as WiFi Max if you have this. You can read more about the benefits included here

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cass, 

Thanks for your post and questions around upgrading. 

As your SIM has swapped over to O2, it would mean you no longer have a Virgin Mobile account and thus any upgrades would need to be discussed directly with O2.

You can reach them using the contact details here

In terms of cancelling the O2 SIM, as this is part of your Volt package, it means you may lose any Volt benefits you get for having both VM and O2 services. These would include a high data allowance on your SIM, an upgraded speed boost on your BB as well as WiFi Max if you have this. You can read more about the benefits included here

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs