cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis sold a package

scjchan
Tuning in

Back in April 2022, my old Virgin media contract was due for renewal.  I was sold a new 'all singing all dancing Volt 1G broadband package with 'everything' plus O2 SIM).  But I was told they were having a supply chain issue with the new 1G modem, therefore, I will get the free upgrade to 1G later, in a few weeks' time, when the 1G modem is available.  When I received the contract, I noticed it only stated M600 speed, not 1G.  So I called them back and complained.  I was assured that I will get the free upgrade to 1G as soon as the modem is available in a few weeks' time.  I was told 'you are paying the most expensive package, don't worry, you will get the free upgrade soon'.  I said 'where is the proof?', I was told, 'don't worry, it's all in the notes'.

After waiting for a few months, still no free upgrade.  So I rang Virgin Media today.  I was shocked to learn that if I want to upgrade to 1G, I will need to pay extra.  I explained this was promised to me that I will get the free 1G upgrade when the modem is available, go and check the notes.  They said, 'I can see the notes says you can get a free 1G modem, but I can't send you the new modem until you pay to upgrade to the 1G package!'  - What's the point to have a 1G modem without the speed that comes with it.  This is just ridiculous.  As I was clearly told I meant to get the 1G package with the 1G modem, but they couldn't sign me up to the 1G package due to supply chain issue.  I trusted them that the agreement is 'in the notes'.  But now, they are saying different things, completely breaking their promise and trust. 

Has anyone experienced the same issue?  If yes, did you get this resolved?  And how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

padcontrol
Dialled in

Hi mate, you are NOT alone. I am literally in the exact same situation as you, and purchased same month too (April). No stock on Hub 4 and told I would have to wait till June. It's July now and guess what? Still stuck on M600.

I have complained multiple times, been offered 2 different prices to "upgrade" to Gig1 which should have been a free upgrade. Been told my Volt benefits are active (flat out lie). Said the agent missold the deal to me. Been over charged.

Currently in a private message chat with an agent, who messages once a day and still no closer. At the moment he said there is another person who is going through a similar issue to me and it's being investigated. So..... Let's see what happens.

My advice is chat to a Mod/agent here on forums. Continue ringing if you can, and keep pestering them. We both should be getting the free boost, it was a verbally agreed and signed upon contract. They would be breaking the terms of the contract. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

padcontrol
Dialled in

Hi mate, you are NOT alone. I am literally in the exact same situation as you, and purchased same month too (April). No stock on Hub 4 and told I would have to wait till June. It's July now and guess what? Still stuck on M600.

I have complained multiple times, been offered 2 different prices to "upgrade" to Gig1 which should have been a free upgrade. Been told my Volt benefits are active (flat out lie). Said the agent missold the deal to me. Been over charged.

Currently in a private message chat with an agent, who messages once a day and still no closer. At the moment he said there is another person who is going through a similar issue to me and it's being investigated. So..... Let's see what happens.

My advice is chat to a Mod/agent here on forums. Continue ringing if you can, and keep pestering them. We both should be getting the free boost, it was a verbally agreed and signed upon contract. They would be breaking the terms of the contract. 

as said you are not alone in this and certainly not alone in being lied to by CS agents - that seems to be how they work - either company policy or they just say what they want to get the sale and no one bothers

open an official complaint and get the complaint number - they will likely send you a non sensible reply and close the complaint - do nothing or lose all reference - non of that matters as long as you have the complaint number

from there you can go 2 ways both to the same ends - ask for a deadlock letter or wait 8 weeks from opening the complaint and go to CISAS and open a case there - if you get the deadlock letter do that as soon as you have it - lay out the problem and ask for them to honour the verbal agreement - if you have proof - chat messages or whatever then thats good - if not you are still fine - add £50 to £100 further compensation for your time and the bad CS etc and let CISAS sort it 

in the mean time forum staff will pick up the thread and hopefully sort things out so non of the above is needed - but if not do as suggested

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for sharing your experience too. Let's see how it develops.

Thanks Tony. I already raised a complaint on the Virgin Media website yesterday. See how it goes.

Hi padcontrol

Any update from your end?  I made a complaint exactly four weeks ago today.  I have not heard from them at all.   There was an automated email when I made the complaint and it says 'wait for 28 days'.

I can't wait until there are other competitions in the area so that I can just switch away from them.  I really don't trust this company anymore.

Hi Tony

Do I ask Virgin Media for the deadlock letter?  What is CISAS?

Thanks,

Hi scjchan,

So finally one of the forum agents here got it all sorted for me. I've now received the Gig1 fibre as promised at no extra cost. Infact I managed to get it at a cheaper deal as well.

That's good news!  Well done!

Indeed it is! Have none of the mods contacted you yet? They should be able to help you out. We were in the exact same situation, no reason for you to not get what your paying for.