cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub gig1 volt package

Mel36
Tuning in

Engineers can't work out what the issue is, I have mac book pro and Samsung s21, 1gb more like 60 mbps. I can't even get the virgin media site to load even on data I am getting a bad request error message! The TV keeps going off 2.  Replaced the lead, the hub and the splitter zero joy. 

Obviously I am a new customer this is rolling into week 3 with no Internet.

It has been horrendous, constantly on the phone to virgin media whilst I should be working, cut off during an interview and I have not been able to work all week, the engineer is now saying its a networking issue and they have done everything they can do, they think something is wrong with the port Inside the box in my street so i have to wait until Monday to hear anything about that, fat lot good that is to me i work from home! This packaged was sold to me based on that.

This is the 6th post I have seen like this, general question are the hub 4s faulty, I am seeing post dating back to 2021 and still no virgin media apps supports hub 4, honestly if this is a know issue why are virgin media still selling this. I am end the end of my tether.  What a bad, horrible awful, painful customer experience.  Has anyone's issue been resolved ???

7 REPLIES 7

zarf2007
Up to speed

Seriously, do yourself a favour, order one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RT-AX55-Dual-band-MU-MIMO-AiProtection-Adaptive/dp/B08CBC9B7X/ref=pd_day0fb...

Then put the superhub in ‘modem mode’ and connects this routers WAN port to it. You will see an immediate improvement. I really don’t understand why people trust the supplied router to be anything other than a modem as they are always cheap trash.

you have a 30 day window to try this from Amazon and I promise it will fix your issue.

Thanks 4 the reply, so I have already have deco MESH system which was perfect with the 350 package its to help with signal, same as what you are sharing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Deco-M9-Plus-coverage-Antivirus/dp/B07WRDR22H/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=1YKK3SP33...

As the internet keeps dropping out decos also drop out and they sent a booster, which has done jack all, can't go to modem mode and why should I, clearly virgin media has missed sold a service they cannot provide. I work from home and I have an office upstairs I need the WiFi to work, are you telling me the hub 4 wireless WiFi doesn't work is that the issue? 

My devices all have the 1gb cards so it's not that either. It seriously sounds like it's the hub 4 itself. Which is also suspicious in itself as I can see 100s of messages talking about a shortage of hub 4s, makes me think there is no shortage at all they just know the hubs 4 is pish water and they don't want to lose loyal customers. 

It’s not that it doesn’t work but you will find a million posts on these forums about how bad the Wi-Fi is. Seriously, it is far better to have it in modem mode as it can cope with that and use a router like the one I linked to. Just try it, you can return it up to 30 days at no extra cost. The hub4 uses the puma chipset which is notorious for being floored and cannot handle Wi-Fi in any real sense. You can even connect your mesh system to the asus router.

Just to add, the hub4 struggles doing normal router functions other than being a modem. The puma chipset has a known floor which affects performance which means all of the normal router type stuff including Wi-Fi causes it to become unreliable. That’s why anyone unless they are in a studio flat with 1 Wi-Fi device is advised to buy their own router.

Lol yeah to me virgin  should be proactive about this, update the hubs if they know hub 4s have this issue, yeah I'm not shelling out another 100 pound for something that might work,  thanks for the advise, if they don't resolve the issue next week I'm going to leave them. Such bs also false advertising virgin media can't get away with this **bleep** in this day and age. They are taken a micky now.

I get what your saying but if I were you rather than another weeks disruption why not try the router I mentioned? Like I said it will cost you nothing if it doesn’t work as you just return to Amazon within 30 days.