cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gig1 but won’t give me the router

itconor
Tuning in

So my contract was up I get onto change it to the new volt contracts they sign me up to the top tier that’s supposed to have gig1 but then after they sign me up they tell me there is no routers so I can’t have gig1 and I’m stuck with 600meg until there is routers.

how can they advertise the package and the gig speed if they cannot fulfill it why would I play full price for the package but not get all the features a?

I don’t understand apparently only new customers are getting the routers required for gig1 according to my sales rep honestly at the price it’s insane the more I’ve sat and though about it since my upgrade the more I feel ripped off, BT provide gig in my area as do many others so I’m not sure why virgin think it’s ok to advertise it but not give me it 

36 REPLIES 36

Kiska
On our wavelength

How ironic,  I’ve just had a virgin rep knock on my door and offer the Volt 2 with 1gig broadband for £80 a month !   Are You serious Virginmedia !  Are you really just trying to wind me up ?

For some reason there is confusion about the Volt broadband upgrade. Let me quote what VM says:

"--- a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)."

So, if you're on M500 you get an upgrade to M600 but if you want a double upgrade to Gig1 you have to pay for it. This seems quite reasonable to me. When I got Volt I was upgraded from M350 to M500 and was certainly not entitled to anything better.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

this may be true but thats not what they said to me there staff dont seem to know which you should have some say 600 some say 1 gig and if it 600 the adverts are not very clear 

gary

They told me as I was 600 and I was buying the literal top teir pack that clearly states 1gb I would get 1gb as that’s the “next available speed” as soon as routers where available 

I’ve requested the call recordings and raised a complaint, it’s clearly being missold regularly by the virgin media staff 

Kiska
On our wavelength

I was already on m600 and when I checked availability in my area on the virgin media site it clearly stated 1gig was available an for a rep to knock on my door offering it to me is just a joke !

he actually suggested I cancel it and take it out in a different name to get the 1gig !

So what you're suggesting is that Virgin have been lying to us - they offer us the "Ultimate Volt" package which is Gig1 broadband, they then only gives us 600Mb as they apparently "have no routers", yet if you sign up as a new customer they miraculously find new routers from somewhere?

These guys are beyond a joke. I'd still like to know when they're going to give their existing customers who have signed up to Ultimate Volt what they should have been contracted to, I cannot believe they are getting away with treating us as second-tier customers. I hope that with the FTTP rollout that these cowboys go under, it would serve them right.

JD

@Kiska I don't think the language was inappropriate, I think it suits these thieves perfectly 🙂

JD