Sorry to hear of your package concerns, I can certainly look into this further for you. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.
Glad we were able to get this fully resolved for you today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).
Glad we were able to get everything resolved and sorted for you. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :).
Ah the old, 'don't worry it will sort itself out' response, while washing their hands of the whole sorry tale and moving on!
The law here is quite clear, one party (VM) made an offer to provide a particular service for a certain sum each month, the second party (you) accepted that offer - good; legally contract made! Now from that point neither side can just change the terms without a very, very good reason, and 'I'm sorry but our call centre staff are all incompetent and our backend systems are all broken and not fit for purpose', won't fly with any Court, should push come to shove.
But it won't come to that, will it? In a day or so a member of the forum team (possibly either Kath or Carly) will get to this thread and offer to help resolve it - because the alternative is a formal complaint (which will be fobbed off with VM's usual attention to customer care) and escalation to the industry adjudicator - which will cost VM a pretty sum just to defend, which they will lose and be ordered to pay you compensation, not only for the excess amount each month but also a sum for the inconvenience.
I am reaching out! I did reply to a previous private message but was told I have to put a new message on the forum and start again, which is ridiculous. Surely, someone can look into this without being told different things.
Looks like forum staff haven't taken the hint, so let's help you with taking the matter to the industry adjudicator CISAS, to (a) get it put right, (b) refund the over-charging, and to (c) get the compensation you're reasonably entitled to for the initial incompetence and then dragging the matter out for months (we're talking around £150).
First step on the road to CISAS, have you made a formal complaint to VM and got a complaint reference, if so when was that? If you have already got a complaint reference over eight weeks old, then you're good to involve CISAS now. Don't keep waiting on VM, judging by your comments they've had months and repeated opportunities to sort this, but chosen not to.
If you haven't yet raised a formal complaint, do it now. Ask for a resolution of a, b & c above, wait and see if they offer that. If they don't then as soon as you get a resolution email or letter (likely to be a badly worded fob off) then you reply, rejecting it and asking for a deadlock letter. Once you've got the deadlock letter then you're clear to go to CISAS without waiting eight weeks.
I completely understand the frustration with this, and I'm sorry you're being advised different things. I've taken a look over things on our end and cannot see any further private messages from you since one of my colleagues informed you that the issue was resolved.
I'm going to send you a private message so we can discuss this in further detail. Please look out for it in the top-right, in the purple envelope.