cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change o2 Volt plan

jecobdruv
Joining in

After over a month of negotiating, I eventually got a deal I was satisfied with, which meant moving from the EE mobile to o2 on their unlimited plan. That was £25 / month.

Within less than 6 weeks, they'd already raised the price and I was finding the internet connection was nowhere near as good as EE, so I generally try to remain on WIFI. I also use WhatsApp for contacting people generally and don't call a lot... so I'm paying £27.something a month for an unlimited texts, calls and internet. Yet, I barely make any calls, send few SMS messages and avoid the mobile internet as it's too slow. I bought my phone out-right, so I should really be on a £10 / month SIM.

On the VM side, I feel like I get good value for money - all the sports, 2 tv boxes, 1Gig internet, etc. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the SIM down to something more appropriate without losing the Volt stuff (ie 1 Gig internet)? The o2 part was a 24 month contract, which seems a huge waste of money.

3 REPLIES 3

Tractorboy
Rising star

Yes it is possible , I have done it !

When in your O2 account you see the option to "upgrade" there will be plans available at a lower price , it is ok to change to one of these without losing any Volt benefits.

Worked fine for me..

Do you know what will happen when it comes time to renew your contract? Will it be two separate contracts…..VM have us by the short and curlys….. I tried to get a bundle deal without the sim but it was cheaper to have the sim!!! 😳😳😳

Good Afternoon @Harley2017, thanks for your post on our Community Forums.

If you wanted to negotiate your contract for your service, it would simply come down to which service it is you're referring to - broadband, TV and landline with Virgin Media or for Mobile phone contracts, speak to O2.

You would be welcome to cancel one of the contracts if you wished to do so, but this would result in Volt benefits being removed.

Hopefully that answers your question. Do feel free to come back to us if you have any further queries.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn