Menu
praxis
Rising star
Message 11 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky sport f1

Who said anything about making either one of them MORE money they make enough as it is at the moment. Do you think Sky paying the EPL £11 million per game came from a bank loan. And when push comes to shove VM will not be sitting in the poor house any time soon. As I said forcing customers to have channels they do not want or need is wrong. Have a look at the EPG there are about 2 dozen shows on currently that just migrate from channel to channel NCIS is the classic example it is on a Fox , Universal , Ch5 , CBS Action And 5 USA. Allowing customers to choose there own channel pack should be an option that way if you have someone who only wants Sport & Movies that all they need to take.

Jansavill
Tuning in
Message 12 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I also do not want all the football.  Have been an F1 fan for years and I think we should be given the option to have F1 as a stand alone channel, I would be willing to pay for this.  

Tony432
Joining in
Message 13 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I am in exactly the same position want to pay for sky f1 but I will not pay for other sports channels I do not want 

grahamtriggs
Fibre optic
Message 14 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

Have you looked at pricing for Sky's own customers?

Want just F1, rather than all sports channels? Save £2.

You are comparing the standard month-to-month price of one channel to the promotional price of an 18-month contract on all channels. It's an extra £5 for all channels for month-to-month pricing.

0 Kudos
pid16v
Joining in
Message 15 of 20
Flag for a moderator

We, as paying customers are being shafted by both virgin and sky. Why should we have to pay anything extra for F1 anyway? and then pay for a load of tosh that nobody wants. If i want any field sport it's ok, motorsport of absolutely any description is fine and they all have their own dedicated channels, so why not include F1 into the motorsport channels? or is F1 not a motorsport?

I will never pay for any of it unless they get their act together, SHAME ON YOU VM AND SKY!

0 Kudos
praxis
Rising star
Message 16 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@pid16v wrote:

We, as paying customers are being shafted by both virgin and sky. Why should we have to pay anything extra for F1 anyway? and then pay for a load of tosh that nobody wants. If i want any field sport it's ok, motorsport of absolutely any description is fine and they all have their own dedicated channels, so why not include F1 into the motorsport channels? or is F1 not a motorsport?

I will never pay for any of it unless they get their act together, SHAME ON YOU VM AND SKY!

The more customers that voice there disdain for this method of selling channels the quicker something might happen. An online poll would be a start to let Sky , VM & BT see that customers are fed up being forced to take channels they do not want. I had Full House Tv till the start of February and I got shot of it due to the never ending run of repeats on Fox,Universal & Alibi it was getting to the point where at the weekend Universal having 3 versions of there channel ( HD, SD +1) the would show NCIS from 12 noon till 9pm across 3 channels so we are pushed into 27 hours of the 1 show and the irony is on a Sunday they would do the exact same thing sometimes showing the exact same episodes. While I know we cannot directly blame VM , Sky & BT for this they should be applying pressure to these channels to at least try and put on a days Entertainment that give you a choice of programs and not just 27 hours of the same one.Same rule applies with Sports & Movies if that’s all you want that’s all you pay for. When Sky first started they offered a Sports only pack what makes today any different.I read an online survey recently that stated the method being used by VM , Sky & BT is what’s making Netflix & Amazon Prime so popular and given the fact that Amazon are putting there cash on the table to show EPL games if they turn out to be a success Sky & BT will have a battle on there hands to keep there broadcast rights as Amazon have very deep pockets and access to there coverage of EPL is part of there £7.99 monthly charge big difference for the football fan who is currently putting out as much as £20 per month at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
scania71
Joining in
Message 17 of 20
Flag for a moderator

i get a call ever year from virgin would i like to upgrade to full sky sports and cinema package.all i say is no all im after is f1 channel.and say as ur a big tv media firm why u can not offer us this like sky do surely u have the tech to do this and software.until u can can offer this do not bother me again the call is over.the person at the other end says but and say no if ur firm can not offer me this and after 17 years of being with u and not offering me a lower price for staying loyal why should i stay at all.when new customers get better deals.they go quiet so i see the call over good bye.one day they may comment and let us know why they can not do it at all or the reason why

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 18 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@scania71 wrote:

i get a call ever year from virgin would i like to upgrade to full sky sports and cinema package.all i say is no all im after is f1 channel.and say as ur a big tv media firm why u can not offer us this like sky do surely u have the tech to do this and software.until u can can offer this do not bother me again the call is over.the person at the other end says but and say no if ur firm can not offer me this and after 17 years of being with u and not offering me a lower price for staying loyal why should i stay at all.when new customers get better deals.they go quiet so i see the call over good bye.one day they may comment and let us know why they can not do it at all or the reason why

Sky dont offer virgin this channel as a standalone channel so they cannot offer it

Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 19 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Why complain about this to VM when you can subscribe to NOW TV and pay £195 for an F1 pass this season.

Oh, looks a bit expensive all of a sudden.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 20 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@scania71 wrote:

The same as you going into a supermarket wanting to buy one can of a drink & finding that they are only sold in packs of 6. If the manufacturer only supplies that supermarket with packs of 6 you have no option but to buy it in that quantity or go elsewhere.

In the case of Sky you can only get what you want by going to them direct.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped