Menu
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

netfilix 'my 'list'

hi,

i added some programes to 'my list' on netflix and then decided to series link them to  'my shows' on virgin tivo but only one show has appeared in my shows,i have tried removing them from 'my list' on netflix but still not working.

when checking series links the shows are shaded out as if they are unavailable.

any suggestions please,dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BahnStormer
Dialled in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: netfilix 'my 'list'

Davey, I think you are confusing two completely independent systems.

Netflix "my list" just gives you a priority list of which shows you're reminded about the next time you log into Netflix.

TiVo Series Link is just a PVR recording feature. You will have to wait for that show to come on each week and then they will be added as each one is aired.

A few possible scenarios, if you've been given the impression that this has happened in the past:

1) SeriesLinked shows used to back-fill faster if there is something available on some catch-up channels (def NOT Netflix as this streaming, isn't catch-up)... sometimes this will also back-fill faster if a channel shows a whole stream of episodes (e.g. Dave / Dave-Ja-Vu!)... that is if you haven't changed the series link to "new episodes only" or set the start series to a particular level. I'm not sure if this happens any more because of the feature described in #3.

2) perhaps you went into "Explore show", and explored all the episodes that were available On Demand (streaming from various catch-up/streaming services - this would include Netflix as well as all the catch-up services like 4OD, iPlayer, etc).

3) you can edit a series link display list (blue button, I think - it's obvious when you're Exploring the linked series) - the option is to switch between episodes that your TiVo has had a chance to record and ALL available episodes: recorded or any catch-up series - you can also create this witht he feature to "Delete episodes and replace with bookmarks", but this is for people who have recorded too many - so not you!

0 Kudos
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply but i have had tivo since it came out and have had no problems before.i have always found a series i like even when its a netflix series and created a series link which instantly adds show to 'my shows' and this still works for all other shows on netflix except the ones i decided to add to netflix 'my list',even if i clear 'my list' and then try series linking them they still dont appear in 'my shows',i already had these programes daredevil,alienist,oa, ect series linked to 'my shows' without a problem but decided to clear some programes and instead use 'my list'on netflix and then changed my mind and thought i will add them back to 'my shows' on virgin i was unable to.

for some reason any show i added to 'my list' will not series link to 'my shows' while every other netflix series will series link to 'my shows'.

thjanks for trying. dave.

0 Kudos
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

if i delete a netflix show  off my shows on tivo,why cant i use series link to put it back into my shows.

i also just series linked 'good omens' off amazon prime and it instantly appeared in 'my shows' on my tivo,no problem,i then deleted the series and then tried adding it again and nothing happened,looked into my series linked programmes and its there but shaded out as if its unavailable,this also happens with streaming shows off netflix.

once you delete any streaming shows i am unable to series link them again,is there a way round this,

any help please

dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

That sounds strange that you cant series link a programme that you have removed from the series link. What happens when you try to series link a programme Dave?

Have you tried to reset the box? I know thats a silly question but I just want to cover all the bases. Would you be able to try and clear the cache on your box using the below method, I'm hoping that this would clear the issue up for you and allow you to use the features once again.

Home > Thumbs down > Thumbs up > Play > Play > Play, the screen will flash for a second and the cache should be cleared, after you've done this, please try to watch Youtube again and hopefully this will have been cleared.

Please try this and let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply,before i try that ,it wont clear all my saved shows in my shows will it because my tivo is 53% full.

could you try to use search for 'alienist' then series link it,it should then appear in 'my shows' on your tivo and the delete the series and cancel series link,after that try to series link 'alienist' again,if it still works for you then i might have a problem with my tivo.

thanks for your help and once i know it wont clear my saved shows i will give your suggestion a try.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No my suggestion will just clear the cache of your box not any of the shows or series links you have recorded. 

Sorry I have tried your suggestion and this has worked, although we only have a V6 box in the office not a Tivo. So the process may work for V6 and not Tivo.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks will give your suggestion a go and get back to you.

just to be clear you series linked 'alienist' and it appeared in 'my show' then deleted show and canceled series link and then tried series linking again and you had no problem as it again was added to 'my shows'?

0 Kudos
davey1
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

sorry,tried  your suggestion still not working.

its like you can only series link a streaming programme (netflix/prime) once and then once you delete the series and/or cancel series link i am unable to change my mind and series link it again,it only happens if deleted and try to add it again.all other series on netflix or prime still add to my shows without a problem

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Davey1, 

Thank you for your patience whilst we have been looking in to this. 

Can you please try deleting the programme information and planned recordings? 

This is in the Clear or Reset TiVo option. 

Please be careful not to clear and delete everything on the box. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos