Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wrongly Charged for Netflix

The Netflix app on our Virgin Box is logged into my daughters account/subscription, which she has had for years and pays direct (£8.99 a month) to Netflix.

VM have recently added on a Netflix Premium £11.99 monthly charge to our Bill. We do not have any additional accounts/subscriptions and thus this shouldn’t be charged.

After waiting for ages on hold and repeatedly being hung up on, VM have been no help and repeatedly sent me to Netflix stating they cannot remove the charge.

Netflix have advised that my daughters subscription is still paid for direct to them and that they can’t find an account matching the VM details. They have advised that only VM can cancel this.

VM has disputed this. Currently left with no resolution other than to submit a complaint to VM. Unacceptable.

Can anybody help please?

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wrongly Charged for Netflix

The easiest way to get a hold of someone is to message our first-line support on our live online chat. They are the best chance of getting someone to fix this issue.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's a complete shambles. I've had this problem since November 2019. 

I've managed to get the charge removed and refunded twice by Virgin, but you just have to hope you get through to someone who knows what they are doing. When they remove the charge it just gets re-applied the following month, every other time I've been told to contact Netflix. 

Virgin obviously have a huge problem with security/data protection, just look at the amount of people on here who have the same problem. Virgin just say you must have signed up through Tivo or My Virgin Media.......Virgin are either incompetent or just don't want to admit there is a problem.

I've once again received my latest bill and it's got a £11.99 netflix subscription on it 😡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This  is a issue raised as virgin add it to your service and it’s meant to be something available like prime video you pay else where. You will need to raise the complaint with Virgin not Netflix as you pay Netflix.

Virgin have been told they need to zero Netflix and you need to keep raising complaints till it gets through to them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have a problem with the netflix charge, I had a netflix account back in january and had the option to have my netflix subscription added to my bill which I agreed to make it easier of one payment instead of 2 payments. I noticed that had then paid my subscription to netflix plus the netflix charge with virgin media.

I checked about cancelling and it said cancel my netflix subscription and it my virgin media charge would be cancelled.

I havent had Netflix since February and am still getting charged for it by virgin media. How do I cancel it and will there be some sort of refund for the months I have been charged ?

0 Kudos