Menu
Thanafin
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Why do I get London news?

I live only one mile from the south east studio in Tunbridge Wells but for some reason I am getting London news??? This is very frustrating especially given the current covid outbreak and the need to keep up to date with current local news. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Why do I get London news?

@Thanafin wrote:

I live only one mile from the south east studio in Tunbridge Wells but for some reason I am getting London news??? This is very frustrating especially given the current covid outbreak and the need to keep up to date with current local news. 

You are getting London news because the network Headend you are downstream of is in Croydon. The networks were built to franchising rules that were designed to make the maximum amount of money for the Cable Authority that set them up (now part of OFCOM). Hence the London area on cable is far bigger than on Freeview or Satellite.

The good news is that if you select channel 858 you can still get BBC South East, & you will find ITV Meridian South East on channel 871.

Be advised that the BBC are combining some regional programmes to reduce staff during lockdown, so some bulletins will show the same programme on London & South East.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos