Menu
NagenderSingh
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media TV Channels are not Working since last 7 days

Hi All,

It has been over 7 days that none of the Virgin Media Channel are working. Each channel is highly pixelated with wired colouring. You cannot make it as what is being displayed and sometimes it also affects the sound too.

I am in Crawley (West Green) area. I wonder if anyone in this area is also facing same problem and if they managed to contact Virgin Media support service?

I followed whatever they showed on web help. They have few suggestions and each time they bring you back to same page to download their App to watch online or to re-check the status. 

We can watch recorded programs on TV V6 box, but not any live programs. I tried recording a program too, but it was also recorded in bad quality.

When I dialled their support number I waited 35 minutes, during this time not a single time they informed how long I might be staying online before someone will attend the call. In today's technological time when all other companies can tell you either the time or your number in queue, but Virgin decided to stick to old method to frustrate customer, so they drop the call my themselves.

Is there an email address where I can report this issue? Or I just have to cancel their service and move on to some other who can answer their customer's queries and fix issues?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin Media TV Channels are not Working since last 7 days

Firstly the stock answer...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so call VM and report it. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

Specifically in your case..

@NagenderSingh wrote:

I am in Crawley (West Green) area. I wonder if anyone in this area is also facing same problem and if they managed to contact Virgin Media support service?

If there any network issues, they should be listed on the automated status line. 0800 5610061

@NagenderSingh wrote:

Is there an email address where I can report this issue? Or I just have to cancel their service and move on to some other who can answer their customer's queries and fix issues?

VM have never had customer-facing email. Whether you call to report the service fault and let VM investigate it, or whether you're calling to cancel (assuming you're out of contract) you will need to call Virgin regardless.

The only exception is if you wanted to give your 30days cancellation notice by post.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks