Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V-Box upgrade

Sat on hold for 30 minutes to be charged for an upgrade of the Vbox. Then transferred and waited 90(!) Minutes before hanging up.

V Box has finally given up showing sky sports. Needs upgraded but I am not sitting on the phone for another 2 hours to try and be charged for an upgrade I do not want as my box works perfectly fine. 

Can somebody from the UK call centre telephone me to sort this out please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V-Box upgrade

No one is going to call you.
Not sure whats happened as you say.... " Box has finally given up showing sky sports" - then say "an upgrade I do not want as my box works perfectly fine."
So, what exactly is the issue. The V boxes are being phased out and I think the upgrade to a Tivo should be "free" but the upgrade to a V6 would not be. But others would know for sure and will comment.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As you state "being phased out" therefore sky sports has been removed.

The rest of the box works fine hence I do not wish to be charged for an upgrade I do not want. I just want Sky Sports to continue working on my box as it always has or for somebody to contact me regarding the forced upgrade, instead of simply cancelling the signal to my box and forcing me to waste 2 hours of my time (and money) on the phone. 

But otherwise thanks for your response.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Soon the box will stop working altogether, if you have not upgraded I believe they will cancel the TV part of the service 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi willfare999, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

I can confirm that the V box will no longer have access to Sky Sports as we are moving away from the legacy boxes.  We have written to all of our customers to advise that we will provide a free upgrade to one of our new boxes. 

I would be happy to look in to getting this arranged for you but I will need to do this via a private message. I will pop one over to you now and you will be able to access this via the purple envelope on the top right of the page. 

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I recently received a letter telling me I had to replace my V box with a TiVo. I tried following the instructions in the letter but as many people have found it didn't work. I tried calling several times in the last month but gave up after waiting 45 - 60 mins. Somehow I managed to speak to someone today and a replacement box will be delivered in a couple of weeks. I also wanted to change my current, far too expensive, package but he insisted this couldn't be done until the replacement box has been installed (and didn't tell me until the replacement had been ordered). I don't have time for another long wait to confirm this so does anyone know if this is correct? (We already have a TiVo in addition to the V box and I can't understand why the package can't be updated now).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve_1953

That would be the case, we can only make one change at a time, It could be an option to cancel the order for the new box and look at the package, this could in theory delay the 

delivery of the box.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos