Menu
rookers
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tv picture jerky and stuttery - resetting Tivo fixes it temporarilarly

Hi

My Tv picture is jerky and stuttery - I am having to reset Tivo every day as it only fixes it temporarilarly.

I have had absolutely no luck contacting support. I have emailed, called and texted but nothing happens.  They even charged my £18.82 for holding for over an hour on the support line even though I called from the VM phone.

Don't really know what to do now - the support web pages does not allow me to complain, you just go round and round in circles.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tv picture jerky and stuttery - resetting Tivo fixes it temporarilarly

Hi what number did you ring, 150 is free from any virgin network phone or if 0345 454 1111 its a local network call rates so would not be that sort of figure. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
rookers
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - the main issue is that after all that and the cost, the issue is still not fixed.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately you are not helping your case by seemingly making slightly exaggerated claims of phone charges, you haven't answered what number you used, but i would guess you have an signal level issue, also you don't say what basic self help things you have tried like rebooting and checking connections and that things are plugged in properly
0 Kudos
rookers
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have stated I am rebooting every day which clears the problem temporarily. Bu then the picture issues appear again the next day

I have performed soft-reboots through the menu system, and also hard-reboots by removing power.  

I am satisfied everything is plugged in correctly. 

Both of these have been done upwards of 20-30 times over the past two months.

I have no idea what you mean by "seemingly making slightly exaggerated claims of phone charges" - I have stated that I was charged £18 on my last bill for calls to the support line.  I was pretty sure I dialled the correct number from a virgin media line but it appears somehow it was the 0345 number.

Not too sure about your slightly chippy response.  If you have some practical help for me I welcome it, but your tone does not come over as helpful to be honest. I am just punter with a TV issue and came here for help. I thought I had made it clear I had rebooted the system many times.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi rookers,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with our TV services, we understand the frustration this causes especially when you have yo reboot to get your services back on again.

As it has been a short while since your last post how are things going? Has anything improved? Looking remotely from our end with the details you have provided form your community profile we have located your account and have done a quick health check.

From our end everything looks fine and all green with no issues showing, and there are no area faults affecting you.

Please let us know about the above so we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
rookers
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for responding. Things are not going well. Picture is getting worse. Keep having to reboot.  Zero response from VM.

I lodged a complaint - nothing. texted - nothing.

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us rookers,

Disappointing to hear that you still have an ongoing issues with this. Can we ask if this problem with the pixelating and jerky pictures is across all channels or is it just affecting a certain few?

Also does the issue appear worse when watching HD channels? You advised you have performed hard and soft reboots on your equipment, can we ask if you have made sure all the cables are tight and secure at the back of the STB and TV please? Also have you been able to try an alternative HDMI cable?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
rookers
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

We only tend to watch BBC1. BBC2. BBC4, C4, C5 and it happens on all these.

All cables secure.  I also did swap the HDMI and no difference.

The problem gets steadily worse the longer the box is on. After a reboot it clears, but then after a couple of hours it starts again.

The whole TIVO system gets super slow - using the menus to find recordings, telly guide etc all become super sluggish as though the box is "thinking" about something.  Just like a PC that is doing updates or a virus check - really sluggish, and of course the jerky stuttery picture too.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Any problem where a reset cures symptoms temporarily, but they return, does sound like the equipment in question has an underlying problem. But jerky pictures could also be a motion control setting on your TV.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos