cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Kr283
On our wavelength

You don't have to wait until the end of the contract. If they can't fulfil the service that you are paying for then Virgin are in breach of contract and it can be terminated.

Hi Willpr88,

Thank you for reaching out to us n our community, I am sorry to hear you are having problems watching BT channels due to pix-elation, have you managed to check other channels to see if you are having the same issue?

I have had a quick look our end at your services and cannot see any issues at , please can you reboot both boxes by unplugging at the power and leave 2 minutes, can you also check all your internal connections are hand tight. 

Kind regards

Paul.

Despite engineer visits, this is still happening to us too. Every single day! Literally just happened on itv. Happens on whatever channel I watch. It needs to be fixed or you can reduce prices for what is a rubbish service or we leave. No more excuses. 

Kr283
On our wavelength

They can't fix it I'm afraid. I had several engineer visits and it resulted in an extremely rude "moderator" on this forum to make my mind up for good. I suffered a terrible service for a over 12 months and jumped to Sky. Never looked back tbh. Amazing TV and internet with not one issue. Excellent deals and customer service. It's hard to make the switch but go for it. They are in breach of contract and just wasting your time. They don't care about threats or you switching so do it! 

That’s the only way out then. I can tell by the lack of response from the people that run this that no further help will be forthcoming. 

Thanks for your advice. All taken on board and a switch is imminent. 

Mark1871
Dialled in

I’m guessing this thread is being ignored by virgin media/forum moderators now? There is an ongoing issue that is affecting numerous customers and you ignore it. You just take our money and give us a crap service in return. 

Pathetic customer service. 

IJMEdinburgh
Tuning in

Just joined the forum because of the pixelation issues on my Virgin TV service.

Just about every channel is pixelating (except for ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 etc) with many of them completely broken up both audio and visually.  This is true both of recordings on the Tivo box and watching programmes in real time.  I have rebooted the box several times over the past weeks, but it makes no difference.  I have tested the coax cabling, and it is tight.  Basically, the service is completely unusable.  😞

The service check I ran this afternoon said that it could identify a fault with the Tivo box, but in the time I had available to sit in a queue, I didn't manage to reach anyone. 

I am hoping that a Virgin technical person might pick this up...

This has been an ongoing issue for a couple of years and unfortunately it seems as though they are now ignoring posts regarding pixelation. I hope you do get the help you require but I wouldn’t expect it to be fixed. 

Is anybody from the forum team going to answer the posts about pixelation? Ignoring customers is not a good look. 

Hey @IJMEdinburgh,

I have been able to locate your account and can see that you have an issue with the signal input level that is causing the issues with pixelation.

I have arranged for the appointment and you can find all the information that you need about your appointment on your online account and clicking My Account and Order tracking.

Regards

Steven_L