cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi S444may 

Thanks for your reply. Really sorry to hear you've had this kind of experience. I can see that my colleagues mentioned that you would need another technician out Thursday just gone - has this been arranged now? 

Is your complaint now resolved? You can see more on how our process works and how to escalate here.

Let us know how the TV is doing today, we really would love to get this resolved for you. 

Thanks, 

Hollie_B

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

No, 

nothing has been resolved.

my wife ( the account holder) answered all the questions that another moderator asked earlier in this chat but we never heard anything after that. 

the guy from the Indian call center never phoned back after my complaint, despite promising to do so to speak to my wife, the following day, after refusing to speak to me.

we've asked many many times for me to be allowed to be “a 3rd party”, but nothing ever changes, the next Virginmedia person who phones just refuses to talk to me.

And finally, no, the pixelation continues, usually the same time (evening 19:00 onwards), on certain channels ITV and BBC. are two of the main ones, on both boxes.

Shame really, we’ve been with Virginmedia a long time even when it was NTLWorld, your customer service has got worse and worse, so much so now, that I can’t be bothered phoning you anymore, because when I do, I get connected to a foreign call center who then ask me to do the same old silly things that I’ve already done a million times and no matter what I tell  them, they don’t understand. They really are a waste of space. Some of them are very rude and aggressive as I’ve described earlier.

Whatever happened to the customer is always right? 
We pay their wages and they speak to us as if we’re stupid.

Kr283
On our wavelength

They must think we are stupid with these fake responses trying to make out they care. I was with the the same amount of time and a very loyal customer. I gave them multiple opportunities to correct the problem. They just can't. They've overstretched themselves and don't have the capacity for the customers they have. Switch, you won't regret it!!!!

Hi S444may, 

we are truly sorry for this poor experience you've had with your TV service, its something we are aiming to correct for you. 

I've done a health check on your services and can see you will need a technician call out again in order to take another look at your box. 

Would you be happy for us to book this in again?

Thanks, 

Megan_L

Yes please, 

my wife just messaged me it’s getting worse in fact totally unwatchable.

can you please sort this soon or we will have to leave 

Kr283
On our wavelength

I asked for the same help through this forum. It amounted to nothing. I asked for a refund for 3 months unwatchable service. They said they would refund when it was fixed. When it wasn't fixed with an engineer visit they asked me what work the engineer carried out and if I couldn't answer they couldn't send out another engineer. How ridiculous. I asked them to ask THEIR engineer. They couldn't. You're on a hiding to nothing. The problem won't go away.

Thank you S444may.

I'll need to pop you a private message so I can take some details to book a technician visit for you.

I'll speak to you there.

Thanks

Melissa 

Yep I think you’re right, they ask if you’d like another engineer to cone out to fix a problem they know they can’t solve because it’s a capacity over demand problem, you say yes please send the engineer,  but nothing ever happens. And so it goes on.

unwatchable programs which cost 

I can assure you we'll do our best to get this fixed for you S444may. 

Please respond to my private message and I'll make sure this is fixed for you.

Thanks

Melissa 

Kr283
On our wavelength

S444may please keep us updated with how this pans out 😉