cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

why does my tv picture keep breaking up (pixelating) seems to worse in the evenings getting a bit on my nerves now

Also getting this every so often.

Two different places have same issue.

Power levels and SNR perfectly text book.

I doubt it's BBC feed, its more likely an issue in Virgin's distribution.

ModTeam

Good afternoon everyone,

Sorry for the ongoing TV pixelation issues still being experienced, we are continuing to work on resolving this.

Thank you to everyone who has provided information on this so far. If you are experiencing this issue and haven't done so yet, could you please reply to this thread with the following information to assist with the investigation.

• Which channels is this happening on?
  • Which box do you have? (Eg. V+HD, TiVo or V6)
  • What times of day is this happening, or is it at all times?

Thanks,

Mod Team

Get this a lot while starting to watch a show that is currently recording. Irritating.

V6
200 Mbps

chris65
On our wavelength

My tv picture keeps breaking down and pixelating worse in the evening and virgin have been out and replaced cable from box in street up to my house and it still does it and getting worse

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Read post 87 in this thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/TV-pixelation-issue/m-p/3965473#M176962

not much comfort but the issue has been noticed and marked for action (we can only hope!)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Been getting random pixilation on all channels for weeks now, V6 box, only watch TV at evenings.

JohnD
Strangely strange yet oddly normal.

@ModTeam wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

Sorry for the ongoing TV pixelation issues still being experienced, we are continuing to work on resolving this.

Thank you to everyone who has provided information on this so far. If you are experiencing this issue and haven't done so yet, could you please reply to this thread with the following information to assist with the investigation.

• Which channels is this happening on? BBC ONE HD only
  • Which box do you have? (Eg. V+HD, TiVo or V6) V6
  • What times of day is this happening, or is it at all times? Just in the evenings around 8pm-9pm

Thanks,

Mod Team

...add me to this list!

Answers above in red......

Mines has been doing this for months I had engineers up here the full month of Feb when I was calling through March they would not send anyone out ..I'm now getting someone out Wednesday. mines is on all channels and all 3 v6 boxes and post code is DD3.and it happens through out the day but by night time you cant watch anything 

Thankyou 

jane63c
Joining in

All the channels apart from BBC Two seem to be fine but we are having trouble with picture break up/pixelation on BBC Two. It is really irritating. We have checked all the cables as suggested but it is still happening. 

Ant thoughts?