cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV pixelation issue

Funkit
Tuning in

Hi to all,

im just watching BBC1 HD and there’s quite a lot of pixelation going but it’s been there for a while to be honest so is there anything I can do to remedy this issue? 

I’m not having any issues with my VM broadband.

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

526 REPLIES 526

Michael_JK

Good morning,

As you can see we've been receiving reports of pixelation of TV channels over the last 24 hours which we've escalated to our TV Operations team.

The team have asked that you let us know the following to help with their investigations:

• Which channels is this happening on, if not all?
  • Which box do you have? (Eg. V+HD, TiVo or V6)
  • Area of the country? The first part of your post code would be good.

Thanks,

Michael_JK
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

It happens on numerous channels, checked connections ie tried to tighten cables even further. Using 3 x V6 boxes on 350mb broadband. We are in East London E17, I think it is area code 22 (?).

Appears on recordings and live TV.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two are standing out for me:

Channel 4 HD & Freesports HD. Two V6 boxes, both with identical issues. HP2 (Hemel Headend).

I can check against other channels carried in the same VM transmission muxes & these are NOT affected, which rules local signal issues out.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Elnino9
Tuning in

Glad to see i'm not the only person who has issue's regarding Channel 4 HD.

With working nights i'm usually home to watch a bit of Cheers then Frasier in the morning this is when i experience the most pixelation problem, as i don't watch it all day i don't know if it continues but i will get it again should i watch something during the evening.

I made a few recordings of when the pixelation happens so i could show this.

This has been happening for a while for me so decided to get a engineer booked yesterday for a visit this morning, but low and behold i never had a pixelation issue in the hours before he came or during the time he was here, could only show what i had recorded on my V6 box. He changed my wires, splitter, connections and the main splitter behind the box on the wall, checked over everything else and he said it was fine

Everything was going well until about 45 minutes ago when leaving Channel 4 HD on and it then again starts, so back to square one it seems.

When i spoke to VM yesterday when booking a engineer they did credit me with £37 on my account so that's something but it's not going to solve the issue in the long run.

Ning_Q
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for getting back, Lohads.

I see that a close distance between the hub and the TV box can cause some interference, as you have described. This can be remedied by a mere length of cable that will allow the hub to sit at a good distance from the rest of the equipment (while it's wired to your V6), and still sit at a spot that allows it to send out WiFi with the minimal hindrance from walls, large objects, the microwave, or a fish tank, among other things.

You can also  try our Virgin Connect app where you can go through a step-by-step guide to help identify and resolve WiFi black-spots, I'm sure it will help improve things. Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.virginmedia.simplewifi&hl=en_GB & iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/virgin-media-connect/id993173723?mt=8

One may order a booster via the Connect app, too. That will definitely help the situation with connections, thus strengthening the WiFi signal right where it's needed.

If the issue with the HD channels still continues and need it looked into, I maintain we can do this via online chat.

Thanks,
Ning_Q

I don't see a pattern with it I have seen it on a number of channels on 2 different boxes.
I was going to see if it continued this weekend when we would watch more tv before I called up thinking it was just my home.

Have seen it happen on Sky Cinema, BBC, CH4 and more.The only true trend is they have all be HD channels and I can't think of any I don't want HD apart from the 18:30 local news on BBC1.
This has been happening since Wednesday and my kids have even shouted Dad the tv is glitching again......

GASteele2001
Joining in

We have in the past couple of days had pixelation issues on ITV HD and Channel 4 HD.  Never had any issues with ITV HD before

Postcode area NN5

Hi Team

Ch4 HD is pixelating intermittently since yesterday. All other channels are ok. Can you run diagnostics please?

Thanks.

Rik Parr

Tivo 6 - 4HD - PR7

Unclebudge
Joining in

I have a v6 box and it seams worse in the evening. I have restarted the v6 box checked all the connections and run the self help check which says all ok any ideas anyone?