Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV Remote

Our remote is fine apart from one thing - the 'TV' button no longer functions. To get back to TV after watching on Catch Up or My Shows we have to go by a convoluted route instead of just pressing the TV button. Any ideas or is the thing just worn out? If the latter, how do we get a replacement.?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Remote

Hi there,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your remote. Here is a links that can help with remote issues: https://virg.in/remotehelp

^Martin

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Martin thanks for the response I have done all the tests suggested & the problems persist.
I need a new remote posted to me.
I spent a further 50 minutes waiting for the messaging service to acknowledge my request and am now about ready to ditch the whole thing.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I wish I knew DickH
I'm having problems with mine too.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming that. If you follow this link you can speak with our team and request a replacement remote: https://virg.in/lostremote

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Tried that and just go round in a circle! You've conceded we need a new remote. You have our address. Why can't you just send one? I'm prepared to pay!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there,

Apologies for the issues with the link - I have sent you out a new remote and it should be with you within the next 3-5 working days.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Remote / Home phone

Thank you Beth. At least that is one issue solved (hopefully)! We have been without a proper phone service since last Thursday. I keep reporting it and it comes back for a couple of hours and then goes again! I've booked two engineer appointments which you've cancelled claiming you've fixed things and then a few hours later it goes again. We've been with Virgin since you took over Telewest and have never had cause to complain before. It's just gone again now and all I can do is text you - it would be so nice to be able to talk to someone or actually see someone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth

Further to my last message, we have now been given an engineer appointment for FRIDAY! My wife is a Silverline telephone befriender and this means that she will be unable to contact a 92 year old lady she speaks to for the last two weeks. It is not practical to use a mobile for this call. Is there anything you can do to expedite some real (non electronic) help please.

Best Regards

Richard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hey Richard,

Thanks for letting me know, sorry to hear about the issues with the landline.

Sadly, we have no control over appointments getting cancelled once we identify a fault in the area. However, this of course shouldn't keep happening. I will pop an email over to the Area Field Manager for your location so I can find out what issues have been identified in the area recently. 

I will update you as soon as I know more.

Regards,

Beth

0 Kudos