Menu
TDV
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Guide tonight vs Sky TV guide

Good evening

i am so tired of Virgin TV guide being out of date Tonight the FA cup game went into extra time so Pointless wasn’t shown but this was not up to date on the TV guide on the Virgin screen I still have an Old Sky TV guide App on my IPhone and it was uptodate It reflected the Football In Extra time and no Pointless 
Why must I always have to go to this Sky App to see uptodate TV guide info Cmon Virgin get with it 

Tags (1)
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Guide tonight vs Sky TV guide

Virgin’s EPG is managed by a third party & does not update in real time.

Also, even if an update was available, the TiVO boxes only update from the server every two hours. The amount of processing required to update 250+ channels over 6 tuners for clashes with planned recordings & suggestions would cause the boxes to grind to a halt if they were constantly doing this.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TDV
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply much appreciated your expertise 

However that’s why Sky are No 1 they do things professionally and know what they doing 

Regards

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

1) Sky boxes don’t record suggestions or allow wishlists. This is something that some customers find useful.

2) The SkyQ EPG is only dynamic on a handful of channels. All the rest are just as susceptible to last minute changes

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky's EPG is dynamic on the main channels like BBC, ITV, C4, C5. and Sky's own channels including Sky Sports. I think Eurosport has it too. They're the ones most likely to be affected by overruns in live programmes/sport. A dynamic EPG is not really essential on channels like Discovery or GOLD as there is rarely (if ever) anything live that would overrun.