Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV 360 Box: some channels just showing plain black screen and no audio

I had a Virgin Media TV 360 Box installed yesterday. Everything seems to be working OK, except that a number of channels (including most, but not all, of the news channels, e.g. BBC News HD Ch. 601) are not displaying. When you select them a plain black screen is displayed and no audio (and no error messages). My box is on Version 4.26. I've tried running the Diagnostics (under the Network menu) and everything is green. I've also tried a hard restart (switching off at the mains); resetting to factory settings; and unplugging and reconnecting all the cables. I also tried connecting the HDMI to a different socket on the TV. It's not just news channels... just tried 5 HD, E4, itv 2/3/4. These should be available as part of the basic TV package? (They are not showing the disabled icon).

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV 360 Box: some channels just showing plain black screen and no audio

I will try to get someone from Virgin to take a look at your box remotely, make sure it is not switched off, it could also be an account issue, you may be sent a private message from the virgin rep so keep an eye on the forum 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi owenjenkins,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your new set top box, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your new set top box, 

So I can help further and get this email account permanently deleted will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the offer of help. An Engineer visited on Friday evening to deal with this issue, and -- after performing some checks and swapping 360 boxes -- raised an incident with the IT department. I believe they have resolved it since the channels are now working. The Engineer believed it may have been IT settings/configuration issue in my Area, related to 360 boxes specifically, since this is one of the first boxes installed in an area recently connected to the Virgin network.

Best regards,

Owen

0 Kudos