Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sport upgrade not in HD

I added Sky Sports to my existing package but am very disappointed that its not in HD. The extra cost per month would surely justify HD!! 

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sport upgrade not in HD

I feel the same way I just upgraded to sky sports too. Guess what? No HD!!! Im also disappointed. Im about to contact Virgin media back and see what they say. Will comeback and let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep!

Sky insist in their wholesale agreement that an HD supplement must be added. Its £7 a month more if you want HD.

From the T&Cs at the bottom of this page:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels/sky-sports 

"Premium channels (add-ons): 30 days’ notice required to remove premium channels/packs. Sky Sports SD subscription required to take Sky Sports channels in HD. Sky Cinema Premiere +1 not available in HD.

Sky Sports HD channels: Sky Sports HD channels £7 a month when subscribing to Sky Sports SD channels."

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

From here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels/sky-sports

Sky Sports HD channels: Sky Sports HD channels £7 a month when subscribing to Sky Sports SD channels.

You have to read, be aware of and fully understand what the small print contains in any and all contract agreement, before you agree to them. 

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice. I've been back in contact with the Virgin media team they weren't able to do anything about it as the upgrade isn't yet on their system. Once it is I shall be using my charm to twist their arm into getting it for free ultimately. Lol! I managed to get that done with sky cinema and most of my channels but I'm guessing when it comes to sky sports thats another kettle of fish. Will let you know how I get on soon as! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Shaun01965 wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I've been back in contact with the Virgin media team they weren't able to do anything about it as the upgrade isn't yet on their system. Once it is I shall be using my charm to twist their arm into getting it for free ultimately. Lol! I managed to get that done with sky cinema and most of my channels but I'm guessing when it comes to sky sports thats another kettle of fish. Will let you know how I get on soon as! 

With Sky Cinema the agreement with Sky has been amended, as the SD channels are no longer available. As the supplement goes straight into Skys pockets I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos