Do we get a rebate as no football and no F1 till may

I think it may be longer

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: No sport

I wouldn’t have thought so but I guess you can cancel the affected channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hiya,

I think we should get a rebate on the sports channels (Sky & BT) as they aren't showing any live sporting content and lets face its bound to be longer than til the 3rd April, bearing in mind also the FA went against government and the Chief Medical Officers advice which stated it could cause additional problems if sporting events were cancelled.

As for cancelling subscriptions ourselves, that would not help me personally as I have it as part of a larger package.

Perhaps a little pressure should be applied to Virgin who could then push it back to Sky and they can take it up with the FA or their insurers.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

BT & Sky say they won't be offering refunds:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8109865/BT-Sky-Sports-not-offering-subscription-refunds-fli... 

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You missed off the operative word ...yet!

I saw that in The Mail Online and also another report elsewhere that Sky are actually reviewing it. On TV tonight I've just seen an advert to sign up for Sky Sports which I thought was weird, and on one of their channels.

It would look a pretty poor show if it does go on longer and they don't, why should the average person pay, the Sky, Virgin, BT  and especially the Premier League can afford it. 

Online, on other forums (yes there are some apparently) people are starting to ask the questions quite rightly. Reruns of WWE and best sporting moments  does not cut the ice.

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I think you have to give 30 days notice to cancel sky sports 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As with everything around COVID-19 ... things can change quickly.

But it's an interesting one ... this from yesterday's footy meeting, "The risk to the top flight, and indeed to Uefa, of not completing the season is that it could jeopardise billions of pounds in TV money. For the Premier League alone, losses could amount to as much as £750 million". 

So the implication is that Sky etc won't be paying for matches they don't show. Which begs the question, why should we have to pay? A big part of Sky's advertising for their Sports Channels is football. 

Many are already taking good sensible decisions - which will result in a negative financial impact - so let's see if Sky etc also step up to the plate! 

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I only got the full house/xl/maxit package for BT sport.  I guess I can’t downgrade until August...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

"Jimred wrote , i guess you have to give 30 days notice" Yes if it's an add on that will be the case. Regards Micky 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

You can cancel Sky Sports anytime but 30 days notice applies. I have a VIP package and had a six month 'rest' when Aston Villa were first relegated from the Premiership. Still had BT Sport as this is part of the VIP/Full House package or whatever the equivalent is called now. Rejoined Sky Sports for the home cricket coverage in the summer and have kept it ever since. I think now is the time to have another 'rest' from Sky Sports as home test cricket may well be affected.

0 Kudos