Menu
Gary29
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No TV pictures or sound

• I have just installed my new Virgin TV6 box. It is powered up. I have the supplied HDMI cable from TV6 box to a powered convertor HDMI input. and a Scart output. With  a Scart cable between the converter  on output and input to my Sony CRT TV. It worked ok on my old TiVo box. With just a Scart cable between the TiVo box and the TV. What is the problem. Is it a compatibility issue?
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: No TV pictures or sound

Hi Gary29,

Normally when you get a new box it needs activating because the old box is deactivated.

Try rebooting the V6 please. If the channels are still not working then you need to phone to get your box activated. 0800 953 9500.

You will need the V6 box serial number, and your account and area number

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm just a normal customer here to share my knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you see the Welcome screen if you power the V6 off then on?  If you do, it probably is a compatibility issue. What converter model is it?

If not, the converter might not be working at all.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A converter from HDMI to SCART can always be problematical. Just get an HD TV with HDMI inputs, many are available cheaply even new ones.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Gary29
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Roger_Gooner, the problem is now resolved.Given I have brought a Toshiba LCD TV down from my loft, which was there in the event a snag would occur with a CRT TV like my Sony Trinitron flat and wide screen. With twin Scart sockets a video S output and a modem input. Which worked fine on my older TiVo box with smart card inserted. It was just that certain channels would freeze and loose signal. Promoting me to make enquiries to Virgin for an upgrade. The new TV6 box doesn't work on the CRT TV, but Works fine on  the toshiba LCD connected to one of its HDMI ports. My Sony Trinitron is now for sale on eBay. I've heard retro gamers like tube TV's?

0 Kudos