Menu
Rob-Kirsten
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No Sound

Help!!!  the sound just went off on the Virgin TV and its all channels too (TV works fine for DVD player so its not the TV)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
pep4uk
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No Sound

That happened to me aswell once I rebooted my box left it off for 10 mins turned it on and it was all fine again ...

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Rob-Kirsten.

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 🙂

It's disappointing to hear you're having audio issues with your TV.

Can you confirm what type of TV box you're using?

And were you able to reboot your box?

Let us know and we'll further look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Chai_S

0 Kudos
Rob-Kirsten
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Using a V6 box, yes was able to reboot the box and restore the sound but it went again a day later, I phoned Virgin support and they helped me sort it by rebooting the Hub as well as the v6 box.  When I did that the box went through the normal reboot sequence and then did another reboot without me actually doing it and that seemed to fix everything for now.  I wasn't happy with the service i received from the support staff at the call centre though talking at me like I'm an idiot, even after I explained that i had followed all the steps on the virgin media website they treated me like someone who is very tech scared and I told them I build PC's for a living and know what I'm doing. Yet they still talked to me like an idiot.  Yes I got a little frustrated by this but didnt lose my cool throughout the call.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob-Kirsten,

Thank you for confirming this. I'm glad the audio is now sorted.

I apologise for the behaviour of the representative you spoke with. Have you already logged a complaint about the experience? Our aim is to provide support to our customers in the simplest, kindest way we can. If you haven't logged one, please do as we need to look into this. You can file a complaint here. For guidance on our complaints process, here's our Code of Practice.

For any queries you may have, you can always go back here in the Community for answers.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Valerie_T

Rob-Kirsten
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

not going to file a complaint at this time as they are only doing their job I guess, they probably have a script to follow on screen and never waiver from it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob-Kirsten,

I appreciate the reply. That's very thoughtful of you, but I wish you never have to file one though. Just in case you'll need to log one, you can use the links I provided earlier.

As i said, for anything, you can always go back to our Community for solutions.

regards,

Valerie_T