Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Netflix cancelled but being charged £11.99

Do you have the confirmation from Netflix of this? If so please provide this and we'll then credit the charge. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I did this via online chat so unfortunately don't have email confirmation. The lady I chatted with confirmed that there was no other email address linked. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

We'd need to see the confirmation from their side to confirm this, on these webchats you can usually save a transcript. 

Let us know if you're able to provide this. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Ok. You know full well I won't have the transcripts.  Looks like Virgin can make unauthorised charges to people's accounts whenever they want.  I'll also expect that the issue that I and other also have with the TV Go app saying we need to upgrade our packages will also go unresolved.

I'll add to the 11k plus 1 x star reviews on trustpilot. Roll on contract expiry date and the I'll be moving supplier.

I'll ensure that I make as many people as possible aware of this VM / Netflix scam that I have fallen victim to. Also I will be firmly advising anyone I know that maybe thinking of signing up with Virgin to not bother.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

As advised, if you can get any confirmation to us we can then credit this for you.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have just done this through my V6 box through my mums virgin account without her knowing but the difference is I canceled the sub & deleted my account through netflix so I am worried this will happen to my mum. I reactivated my account through my V6 box but I picked the £5.99 package I am hoping that is all I have to pay for is the sub I just canceled. Even though netflix has said that Virgin should not bill my mum as I no longer have an account can anybody confirm if Virgin is still billing them even after closing down the accont completly with & through netflix in otherwords you have no access to it at all. I know I did wrong but I had no idea that Virgin did this why hasnt this been brought up with like legal or trading standards or something big so it gets around because alot of people are obviously unaware of this. 

0 Kudos